Fortec 180CM (6ft) dish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I'm looking for input into the 180 CM Fortec Dish for C-Band reception. I know that bigger is better, but 6ft might be the biggest size my wife will allow. I have a lead on a Primestar dish for a microbud setup if this doesn't work, but I was wondering if anyone has a 6ft Fortec dish and what is the reception quality.

I'm located in Aberdeen, MD, and I have a clear view of the southern sky. Thanks.

rjc3895 said:
I'm looking for input into the 180 CM Fortec Dish

Hey, I researched this dish. It is very affordable, but it does not have a polar mount. Manually aiming the dish will get old fast. I thought

it was better to wait until I could find a dish which mounts a motor.

I bought a motor for my 30" dish 2 months after purchasing the dish because I was tired of manually moving the dish. I think I'll have some fun with the Primestar dish (as soon as i can pick it up) first and wait on the bigger dish. Thanks.

rjc3895 said:
I'm located in Aberdeen, MD, and I have a clear view of the southern sky. Thanks.

Your just done the street from me.. Elkton MD.. Nice to see a neighboor here!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)