Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccvalentino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
maryland
Hi Guys,

I finally got my Fortec 1.8M dish up on a pole and now I'm having one heck of a time trying to set the declination angle on it. Does anyone have any pictures of their current Fortec Star setup?

Here are a few pictures of mine.

IMG_0282.jpgIMG_0280.jpgIMG_0281.JPG

My Southern Sat is 77W Echostar-1. My lat is 39.97N and Lat is 76.30W. I believe my declination is roughly 6.2 deg.

Given that 77W is a KU bird only, I've got a universal LNB on the dish now to try to line up.

Thanks,
Chris

as per this calculation method Satellite finder, how to point dish with magnetic north, azimuth and elevation program calculator. . set your inclinometer on the third picture at 40.67 and the declination should be 5.56 therefore dish elevation at Zenith is 43.77. this is with the actuator at the Dish Zenith position , hieghest in sky. messuring dish elevation on that dish is tricky , best way , ue the center flat plate provided it is installed ok, or simply put a straight piece of wood across the dish face on its center then messure dish elevation on that piece of wood.

77 is a rather powerfull bird but circular and probably uses turbo 8PSK but it could well have at least a DVB-S TP that locks in even with a linear LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts