Fortec Classic NA Scans

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flyinggreg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Columbus,OH
I finally got setup into the Clarke belt. I've been doing power scans with my Fortec Classic and I was wondering what the difference is between the blue transponders and the white transponders in the list?

Not in front of my Classic NA right now, but blue means its an encrypted TP. and white means its FTA. (I think!)

Good question! Didn't you read your manual? (That was a joke :) -Just like the manual.) I had been been wondering the same thing.

Another question that you might find yourself asking is why it seems like the blind scan is finding tons of channels, yet when it's done, it only has one. I still haven't figured that one out.

I wish that the manual was as good as the receiver!

Last edited:
PSB said:
Not in front of my Classic NA right now, but blue means its an encrypted TP. and white means its FTA. (I think!)

Ok, that makes sense! When I hit the Echo birds, they were all blue with maybe 3 white. Also, the SR was 20000, which according to Lyngsat, that's what DN uses.

Thanks!

The white ones seem to be TP's not already saved for that sat. The light blue ones seem to be ones that are already in the list. It's a pretty nice feature (that I couldn't find in the manual either).

123tim said:
Another question that you might find yourself asking is why it seems like the blind scan is finding tons of channels, yet when it's done, it only has one. I still haven't figured that one out.

I've noticed that too. I believe those are data TP's (such as the Internet) which is why they don't show up as any channels?

If the TP. is already found (and stored) it will not store it twice.... Nice touch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)