Fortec Comparison

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
For the blind scan which is better the Mercury 11 or the platinum? My knowledge of the two is very weak. thanks

The Mercury II has a a better BLIND SEARCH capabilities than the Platinum. The MII gives the user more control of how fast or slow (detailed) the blind search needs to run.

Since the mercury 11 has a better blind search would I be better off to purchase it than to fight the plantium ? thanks for your response.:)

Unless you have a need for a Common Interface Module, which th Platinum has, I would recommend the Mercury II.

Common Interface Module: Will allow you to insert a Conditional Access Module (CAM) and smartcard for subscription purposes. Mostly used in Europe, Middle East, or S America.

I have the Mercury II and it's a fine receiver great picture quality when hooked up with the component cables and the blind scan does a decent job misses a TP every now and then but seems like they all do.:)

i love the mercury as well . i have a classic na as well.but when it comes to finding a sattelite the mercury got my vote .i spent the better part of a week wit the clasic na coulden find anything but i was only a hour with the merc found 3 sats ! of course the signal beeper was of an great help.now if i could get g10r.
the na is not a bad ird but its as not as good as the mercury11 just my 00.2cents.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)