Fortec Dynamic Firmware?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I've got two Fortec receivers....Mine has June 25, 2008 S/W version 8.01 in it...The other one I gave to my brother firmware dated July 16,2007 S/W Version 1.53.....He's having issues with the video suddenly becoming way oversaturated....colors way too bright. If he turns off the receiver and turns it back on it's fine. Sometimes it will go for a day or so and it acts screwy again. I'm suspecting there's some firmware issue. I got him the receiver on Ebay and it was new/unused. Not a hacker box. Anyway I've contacted Fortec via email and voicemail....tech support and no response. Can I use a RS232 cable and transfer everything (firmware) etc from my receiver to his ? Any clue what changes occured between the various versions of firmware? I looked at Fortec's site and I only saw Mercury II firmware on Fortec website. Also where the best place to get the RS232 cable? local computer store? Thanks Blind

Firmware was interchangeable between these two units.

The chroma over saturation is hardware related and most likely caused by a failing power supply or the processor chip. My best guess is a bad power supply. Test the voltages on the ribbon cable to verify if within 10% of voltage printed on board when operating correctly and compare to when the unit video chroma is over saturated.

We are now providing North American parts and repair for Fortec Star and have replacement power supplies in stock for $20.

Brian, Thanks for the info! Hopefully the unit will work it self out on its own haha. Guess I'll leave the firmware alone for now as well. If the unit dies I'll be sure and give you a call. Thanks Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)