Fortec Lifetime ultra losing settings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lately I've had several incidents in which my receiver's antenna setup settings get completely screwed up. It will change all the settings for disecq, lnb, frequency, and even change the diseq switch to weird numbers like number 40 which previously never even existed.

Is this an overloaded memory problem? I don't have that many channels loaded. Its supposed to hold way more than the say 250 channels I have loaded.

transponder overload. Known issue on the Fortec

2 ways to solve it

1. use channel master and if you are KU only, delete all C-Band satellites (I did this on my FOrtec and it seemed to help)
2. go through and delete all but one TP on each satellite. The Fortec wont lose the channels but it frees up the memeory

Thanks. Its really wacky. The antenna setting change to settings that are not even possible. LNB versions that I've never seen listed before or heard of, Diseq settings that go into the 40's and other oddities. Must be running some other software that is on the eprom.

My Pansat 1500 does the same thing. Gives me motor setting 77 and transponder info that is way out of whack.

My Ultra does the same thing Tim. Its ususally a rock solid unit, but does some wierd things if i've done a lot of blindscanning and haven't cleared out the transponder lists.

My old Ultra was certain to do it after a few weeks worth of blind scanning. That was my favorite receiver though. It had lots of C band satellites in it too. I still think it had a better picture than my Pansat 2700a does.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)