fortec mercury 11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dxuall1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
mission,tx
hi to everyone i have a question i am on the market for a mercury 11 sateliite motorized package from satellite av is this a good deal/receiver/equipment? does it has a channel guide? 7 days - a couple of months ahead programing? other than that the package looks good for me what do you guys think?

FTA has very little EPG info in north america so that feature is useless to many. Even if it did, I don't know of any service that has months of programming in advance. Most I ever see is 9 days on Dish receivers.

As for the package deal it's a decent deal. Depending on where you live, Sadoun might be closer to you and has a similar package. I live closer to Sadoun, so usually use them if they carry what I am looking for.
Either one (Satav or Sadoun) will do you right.

Last edited:
I agree

I think I have accumulated all the equipment both provide in their packages.
Including the Mercury II, both dishes, numerous LNBs, etc...
It's all good stuff.
I've also bought from both places, and been very well supported and pleased with both.
If ya read the fine print, SatAV may include cables with his kit, but otherwise it's a coin-toss, and I agree with the shipping point above.

To know what's on, many folks use internet-based tools like Titan TV, and look up just their favorite stations (to keep down the clutter).
That's a week or two in advance.

mercury 11

:up Ok mercury 2. 36''dish with motor package here we goooo!!! :D I just ordered the mercury 11 package from satellite av for my x-mas present I hope i made the right decision :confused:....... I think I'll be ok. I am new to fta so I guess that's a good starter set up. i want to use the satellite system mainly to whatch local news from other cities,spanish channels from mexico/usa and probably some news wild feeds. after i receive the package i am going to have a lot of questions about ponting the dish,etc,etc. by the way where can i find info on how to point the dish to my true south satellite. i think i read somewhere that first thing is i need to find my true south sat. right?? in advance thank you for your comments :) -juan-

I have both and they look very similar and act the same, the status LED, East/West button and reset button are all in the same locations.

Does anyone know if the SatelliteAV GEOSATPRO GS120 motor is another clone of the SG2100 motor?
I have one of these, but I don't know if it's a Clone or not. I don't think it is? Mine works good, but I don't use it much. It happens to be on a receiver I don't use to often, but it's not the motors fault? When I got mine I got the larger tube for it, and the angle of the tube was a little sharper than the normal tube, and it caused the U-Bolts (to mount the 1.2m dish to the tube) to hit the coax connections on the motor and broke them off. So, if you get the larger tube for the motor, then be sure you cut the U-Bolts off before you drive the motor. I don't think this is a problem with the normal tube? And also, it's been a while since I got mine, so they may have fixed this problem. All it would take to fix is shorter U-Bolts for the dish to motor tube mount. Good Luck!

Al

I have the same problem with the U-Bolts and the coax cable, I had to bend the coax cables so that they don't block the path :(

EDIT: My motor has gone to the hospital (All my FTA equipment seems like it has been there by now) and I saw the mounting bracket on the floor, so that just gave me the idea to preform surgery (Time to find the hacksaw) on the U-Bolts :D

Last edited:
:up Ok mercury 2. 36''dish with motor package here we goooo!!! :D I just ordered the mercury 11 package from satellite av for my x-mas present I hope i made the right decision :confused:....... I think I'll be ok. I am new to fta so I guess that's a good starter set up. i want to use the satellite system mainly to whatch local news from other cities,spanish channels from mexico/usa and probably some news wild feeds. after i receive the package i am going to have a lot of questions about ponting the dish,etc,etc. by the way where can i find info on how to point the dish to my true south satellite. i think i read somewhere that first thing is i need to find my true south sat. right?? in advance thank you for your comments :) -juan-

I'd start at my favorite support page, How to install an HH-Mount Motor? Applies to DG240-SM3D22-STABHH100-HH120-Motech-SG2100 .

Read through and think about the steps, and then your questions will be better thought out.

That should be a fine system to start out.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts