Fortec Mercury 2 tip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I decided to hook up my Merc2 again last week and tinker with it awhile, since I always thought it had great video. And it still does, I had stopped using it for much blind-scanning because of that bug in the last firmware they released for it (couldn't delete empty transponders from list using remote without major problems). That was v1.53 firmware.
I had gone back and loaded older file I had, v1.45 before I stored it the last time I used it, but apparently I hadn't worked with it enough to learn-this firmware doesn't have that problem, the TP delete function works as it should. Now its easy to clear out old channels before the memory fills up. I know there's computer programs to do this, but it's easier for me to just use the remote for my setup.
A warning: the latest firmware supposedly fixed a problem with 'storing changed orbital location info for satellites'. I haven't had to do that since my list is up to date, so I can't confirm whether this older file has that problem or not. If anybody needs the old file I can email it, if anybody still uses one of these boxes. I always liked it, but the bugs in the firmware made it hard to keep cleaned out. Now I think I'll get my money's worth out of it, seems to do well with my motor too.

ver 1.45 and a few more are now available in our Download Department
Downloads - SatelliteGuys.US
Listed under Firmware | Fortec Mercury II version xxx

As you find what the differences are, you might want to leave a comment directly on that firmware. - :up

Thanks lizard! I thought we had a firmware section, but couldn't find it when I looked yesterday. I see now where it is.....top menu.

Yea, just came on line about mid-day , today.
I took the opportunity to u/l your 1.45 firmware, and a few manuals I had around here.

Thanks lizard! I thought we had a firmware section, but couldn't find it when I looked yesterday. I see now where it is.....top menu.

the download section was added during the last upgrade. We started loading stuff into it yesterday (now that I know how it works) ;)

yep. No need to hunt through old threads to find the software (although in some cases we'll still have to until we find it)

Yea, thanks, Iceberg. - :up

So, does this mean the Manuals Department will be taken down?
Looks like they've all been moved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.