Fortec Mercury 2 tip

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I decided to hook up my Merc2 again last week and tinker with it awhile, since I always thought it had great video. And it still does, I had stopped using it for much blind-scanning because of that bug in the last firmware they released for it (couldn't delete empty transponders from list using remote without major problems). That was v1.53 firmware.
I had gone back and loaded older file I had, v1.45 before I stored it the last time I used it, but apparently I hadn't worked with it enough to learn-this firmware doesn't have that problem, the TP delete function works as it should. Now its easy to clear out old channels before the memory fills up. I know there's computer programs to do this, but it's easier for me to just use the remote for my setup.
A warning: the latest firmware supposedly fixed a problem with 'storing changed orbital location info for satellites'. I haven't had to do that since my list is up to date, so I can't confirm whether this older file has that problem or not. If anybody needs the old file I can email it, if anybody still uses one of these boxes. I always liked it, but the bugs in the firmware made it hard to keep cleaned out. Now I think I'll get my money's worth out of it, seems to do well with my motor too.

ver 1.45 and a few more are now available in our Download Department
Downloads - SatelliteGuys.US
Listed under Firmware | Fortec Mercury II version xxx

As you find what the differences are, you might want to leave a comment directly on that firmware. - :up

Thanks lizard! I thought we had a firmware section, but couldn't find it when I looked yesterday. I see now where it is.....top menu.

Yea, just came on line about mid-day , today.
I took the opportunity to u/l your 1.45 firmware, and a few manuals I had around here.

Thanks lizard! I thought we had a firmware section, but couldn't find it when I looked yesterday. I see now where it is.....top menu.

the download section was added during the last upgrade. We started loading stuff into it yesterday (now that I know how it works) ;)

yep. No need to hunt through old threads to find the software (although in some cases we'll still have to until we find it)

Yea, thanks, Iceberg. - :up

So, does this mean the Manuals Department will be taken down?
Looks like they've all been moved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)