Fortec Passion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How about the HD PASSION + ?
Fortec Star Satellites
Good catch. That appears to be a newer version of the European Passion. - :up

I didn't read through all the specs, so you might want to do so.
I stopped when I found two non-North-American features.
- SCART connectors for video (very Euro)
- 576 video output mode and no 480 (Euro, but not North America)

So, either they've botched the advertizing specs , or this is a Euro-only upgrade to the existing Euro-only Passion.

Considering the bad rep they got here for failing to ship a working N/A Passion, I think it'd be committing Marketing Suicide to use that name here, now! - :mad:

Guys..... Get over it!

Yes, "it was that close" (quoting Maxwell Smart), but it didn't happen. As you remember, we were one of the testers and we quit providing product release development updates when several members became quite nasty and personal about the development information that we were cleared to release.

I commend Fortec Star for pulling the Passion from North American release. The chipset could not fully support the features that Fortec Star were developing. The chipset manufacturer misrepresented the chipset and could never produce bug-free drivers. Beta testing with 3rd party drivers demonstrated support most of desired features, but with not the reliablity that we know and expect from Fortec Star.

Would you rather that Fortec Star released a problematic receiver? Fortec Star has consistently been the one company that supported the hobbyist market unlike most other manufacturers who have only made release updates available for hackers. Hopefully someday, someone.......

We also have worked with several HD prototypes for a GEOSATpro model that provide support for the many desired fetures, formats and modulations. It is all about market. If 4:2:2 and blind scan are to available in a lower cost or hobbyist package, it will be a "trickle down" from a larger project.

Last edited:
and it because I posts/service like this that your shop is the first place I go when I need something. thanks again, Brian.

Hope the dishes come in soon.

Brian - thanks for the full disclosure.
I'd heard most of that, but didn't think it was for public discussion.
Glad you let the cat out of the bag. - :up
From now on, we can just point to your post for the final answer.

. . . and I guess we'll all just have to wait to be trickled down upon, eh? - :D

Guys..... Get over it!

Yes, "it was that close" (quoting Maxwell Smart), but it didn't happen. As you remember, we were one of the testers and we quit providing product release development updates when several members became quite nasty and personal about the development information that we we cleared to release.

I commend Fortec Star for pulling the Passion from North American release. The chipset could not fully support the features that Fortec Star were developing. The chipset manufacturer misrepresented the chipset and could never produce bug-free drivers. Beta testing with 3rd party drivers demonstrated support most of desired features, but with not the reliablity that we know and expect from Fortec Star.

Would you rather that Fortec Star released a problematic receiver? Fortec Star has consistently been the one company that supported the hobbyist market unlike most other manufacturers who have only made release updates available for hackers. Hopefully someday, someone.......

We also have worked with several HD prototypes for a GEOSATpro model that provide support for the many desired fetures, formats and modulations. It is all about market. If 4:2:2 and blind scan are to available in a lower cost or hobbyist package, it will be a "trickle down" from a larger project.

AMEN!!! Thanks for posting that. Hopefully folks will quit asking about the passion ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts