having issues with AMC6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mojo101x

Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Hi,
I found a strange anomalie on AMC 6 72w last night.
I couldn't get any Linear transponder but when I did a blind scan for Circular it found 246 radio channels - Looks to be Sirius and other channels named Echost-001 ~ 030 among others.
Only 2 out of the 246 channels had audio, all the others would autoroll

What is on AMC 6 - are there any FTA channels on there?

I'm using a Viewsat Ultra VS2000, 4 foot dish with SG2100 motor and Invacom QPH-031 into a Chieta 4X1 switch

I'm fairly new at this - It took 3 tries to get my dish/motor setup aligned, initially USALS was a few degrees off but it seems to be working ok now.
So far I've been able to get 82,87,91,93,97,101,103,107,110,111 mostly identifying them through blind scans.
123 is the goal as I'm working toward west
Oddly though last night as I was turning the dish my receiver showed a lock on AMC 6 72w as it passed it
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

You're picking up Echostar 6 @ 72.5W on your circular scan. That's a Dish Network bird.
The best of AMC6 is probably the NBC mux on 12055 V 6890 , plus there are periodic NBC feeds .
:)

I guess there no FTA channels on 72.5 is there?

After looking at the footprint on satbeams.co m/footprints, I think I'm outside the footprint for AMC 6 as I'm way out here on the east coast of Canada in Newfoundland.

Thanks Guys

One more thing, Do you know of a strong transponder on 123w to help me reach the goal.
123w is only 4 degrees above the horizon here so it's going to be a trick if I can get it at all.

Thanks again

See TheList for strong transponder.
But, be warned: The new 125 bird with PBS may cause you interference.
From your vantage point, it's at almost the same place in the sky. ;)
Good thing you have a 4 foot dish.

Thanks again for your help
It might be all in vain as of tonight - The weather forecast is calling for 50 to 70 mm of rain combined with 110km/h wind gusts and the dish is on the 3rd floor roof top!

maybe I should clamp it down with something
Wish me luck

Cheers Guys

also forgot to mention the reason you got 240+ audio channels is the Dish network channels are MPEG4...most boxes only do MPEG2 and it logs the channels as radio chanels

my Coolsat 5000 did the same thing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts