Fortec Passion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
stogie5150

stogie5150

Crazed Cajun Rebel
Jan 7, 2007
Slidell,LA
Maybe one of our Gold Sponsors that sells Fortec product can give us an update of the phantom Passion that may or may not be coming to an entertainment center or tv-top near you. :confused:

Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Let me see if I can get someone from Fortec on our next Podcast and have them give us an update on the Passion.

rainmaker

rainmaker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 26, 2006
Louisa KY
Let me see if I can get someone from Fortec on our next Podcast and have them give us an update on the Passion.

I e mailed Fortec a couple months ago on the Passion and they repplied no ETA known on the release of the receiver so I guess it is still a waiting game.:(

J

janzy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Aug 18, 2004
Here's a reply I got from Fortec yesterday.
I asked about European Models working in the US and when They would release passion in the US:

"No it would not work properly here. The software does not support NTSC
and the channel mapping is not completed for North America (which means
that some channels would not download.)

Most likely, the North American release will now be in the Spring. We
have several new European models that will be released first before the
engineers will have time to complete the North American model."

Fortec

SatinKzo

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Thanks Janzy.

If that email is accurate, then I am glad I pulled the trigger on my Pansat 9200 and get to enjoy most everything but 4:2:2.

Tron

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Also, from that e-mail it seems that the NA version of the Passion will be a completely redesigned receiver from the Euro one. That brings up the hope of 4:2:2 support, as well as (hopefully) an external PVR function. This Visionsat has me spoiled, I'm afraid :eek:

L

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 5, 2006
Also, from that e-mail it seems that the NA version of the Passion will be a completely redesigned receiver from the Euro one. That brings up the hope of 4:2:2 support, as well as (hopefully) an external PVR function. This Visionsat has me spoiled, I'm afraid :eek:

Talked to a Fortec Tech in Canada...The 1st Generation of Passions for NA will NOT have 4:2:2 capabilities,due to problems they are encountering with the manufacter who makes the chips..also said the 2nd gen for NA might have it..hopefully..

V

vfrjim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Talked to a Fortec Tech in Canada...The 1st Generation of Passions for NA will NOT have 4:2:2 capabilities,due to problems they are encountering with the manufacter who makes the chips..also said the 2nd gen for NA might have it..hopefully..

Hopefully it will have a DVB-S2 tuner in it when the 2nd gen finally comes out too.

Tron

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
They could design the receiver as a modular system, with add-on cards as other receivers have done. This way, 4:2:2 and DVB-S2 could be added as options.

PVR functionality, as I said before, would be nice as well ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.