Fortec Passion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe one of our Gold Sponsors that sells Fortec product can give us an update of the phantom Passion that may or may not be coming to an entertainment center or tv-top near you. :confused:

Here's a reply I got from Fortec yesterday.
I asked about European Models working in the US and when They would release passion in the US:

"No it would not work properly here. The software does not support NTSC
and the channel mapping is not completed for North America (which means
that some channels would not download.)

Most likely, the North American release will now be in the Spring. We
have several new European models that will be released first before the
engineers will have time to complete the North American model."

Fortec

Thanks Janzy.

If that email is accurate, then I am glad I pulled the trigger on my Pansat 9200 and get to enjoy most everything but 4:2:2.

Also, from that e-mail it seems that the NA version of the Passion will be a completely redesigned receiver from the Euro one. That brings up the hope of 4:2:2 support, as well as (hopefully) an external PVR function. This Visionsat has me spoiled, I'm afraid :eek:

Also, from that e-mail it seems that the NA version of the Passion will be a completely redesigned receiver from the Euro one. That brings up the hope of 4:2:2 support, as well as (hopefully) an external PVR function. This Visionsat has me spoiled, I'm afraid :eek:

Talked to a Fortec Tech in Canada...The 1st Generation of Passions for NA will NOT have 4:2:2 capabilities,due to problems they are encountering with the manufacter who makes the chips..also said the 2nd gen for NA might have it..hopefully..

Talked to a Fortec Tech in Canada...The 1st Generation of Passions for NA will NOT have 4:2:2 capabilities,due to problems they are encountering with the manufacter who makes the chips..also said the 2nd gen for NA might have it..hopefully..

Hopefully it will have a DVB-S2 tuner in it when the 2nd gen finally comes out too.

They could design the receiver as a modular system, with add-on cards as other receivers have done. This way, 4:2:2 and DVB-S2 could be added as options.

PVR functionality, as I said before, would be nice as well ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)