Fortec SetUp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PilotS77

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
I am haivng a gard time getting my Fortec Star to move teh dish - I do slect USALS but nothing happens - teh dish remians at 0

Any help greatly appreciated

ok this is strange with high quality (much higer than my Microyal for the same sat) I get very few channels and of very bad quality - the Microyal was perfect picture

Must be missing something simple

Do I need to go to each satellite and set USALS? It doe snt seem to keep Universal settings
when I go to new sat everything is factory defaul - am I misising something?

PilotS77 said:
Do I need to go to each satellite and set USALS? It doe snt seem to keep Universal settings
when I go to new sat everything is factory defaul - am I misising something?

Yes, you need to go to each one and select USALS, as well as the LNB type, etc.

I use USALS for some, 1.2 for some, and fixed for others.

ok - thanks

I am getting used to it - I am disapoionted however that for hight signal strength I get a picture that is not even close to what I get in the Microyal - of cousre that might change with power scan :)

Is there a way to return the motor to 0? I do not seem to find that in the manual anywhere

Also wher do I find the software upgrade? Even though itjust arrived today the sofware is over a year old.

Ok found the software in the company website - is my Microyal gets more stations on all sats - I am misisng something here?

For Example with a Quality 0f 80 on Galaxy 10 I only receive two stations with a pixalized picture, on the Microyal I gat fourty with excellent picture

Try unplugging and repowering the box, somtimes this cures weird problems,

Worth a try, I have the fortec and have no problems with getting lots of channels on G10R.

Wholeshoe

Is there a way via the menu to mpve teh dish using USALS to fine tune it?

USALS calculates Galaxy 3C to be 0.5 from my true north when in reality it is 1.6 that introduces almost one degree error - any ideas on how to fix that?

No there isn't in the USALS mode, matter a fact that is probably your problem your not tuned in on the sat exactly.

For this particular reason I use DISEECq 1.2 mode. I like being able to fine tune. I think Iceberg uses the same for the same reason. In that mode you can nudge the dish east or west to see if you can get better quality.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
No there isn't in the USALS mode, matter a fact that is probably your problem your not tuned in on the sat exactly.

For this particular reason I use DISEECq 1.2 mode. I like being able to fine tune. I think Iceberg uses the same for the same reason. In that mode you can nudge the dish east or west to see if you can get better quality.

Wholeshoe

yep..mainly becasue I screwed up when I put in latitude/longitude. I put 93.0, and it should be 93.5

Now I use 1.2 for all satekllites and it works fine :)

Another question - sorry about all this today - is it better to svan FTA or ALL? I od not want junk but I want all possible feeds - thanks again

if it is a satellite that doesnt have much scrambled (like SBS6, AMC9, etc), scan all
if you are scanning IA6, scan FTA only

A reboot fixed most of the issues so far - channels come through noce so far on three satellites - will keep trying :)

I also upgraded the softare to aversion relaesd in February 2005 and that might have something to do with i as well :)

when I power scan in the future will it result in dublicate or will onl add new found channels??

I am full of questions today! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)