Fortec SetUp

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just the new channels : ) EVERY time you blind scan go to TP. edit and remove all but one TP. before you scan other wise you will have problems down the road. Have Fun!

Great!

BTW the problems I was having all disapeared after I downloaded the new firmware form teh Fortec web site.

Yes, PSB is absoultely right.

I have the problems before. What happened to me is that my receiver lose my settings, like LNB info, my location info for some channels. What I did is that I deleted all the channels for all TPs, all the TPs but 1 for each satellite. Then I redo power scan for all the satellites. It solved all the problems and I have no problems so far. What I suspect is that the receiver doesn't have enough member to store all the info, a lot of TPs store in the receiver are dead and useless to store.

Question follow this for PSB: do I need to delete all the channels besides delete TPs? I delete all the channels too. It works good, but take longer time

Regards,

Michael

Now and then I delete all channels on a satellite, just did it the other day on IA-6 to get all the "Pope" feeds but your right there is no real need. But no harm in doing it if you are doing a full "power" scan.

I will be up EARLY in the morning to watch the Royal wedding : )

Power scanning takes a long time - this has been fun specially when one consideres I did not have to run in and out :)

I guess this is more of a review - but here it comes.

I am finished programing the newly arrived Fortec - the features are indeed very impressive, however quality wise the Fortec is not even close to the Microyal. The stability of the picture is far superior in the Microyal. In fact I am keeping both :)

All an all I would like the robustness of the microyal and the features of the Fortec :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)