Fortec Star 6 foot system install fun. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'd assemble the dish and place on pole. Then add the feed arms after. That's what I did with both of my 6 footers :)
oh ok cool. I thought it was gonna be hard to put those feed arms on after I started thinking about it. Someone else suggested washers where the 6 panels connect together along with the bolts and nuts that came with the dish. Did you add washers?

nope. Built both of them with no washers. I just laid the panels face down and put the panels together. It looked like a dome when done :)

Then I put the "O" ring on and picked it up and put it on the frame. I have the fixed dish version :)

nope. Built both of them with no washers. I just laid the panels face down and put the panels together. It looked like a dome when done :)

Then I put the "O" ring on and picked it up and put it on the frame. I have the fixed dish version :)
oh ok thanks. I'll have a dome here in a day or so. :)

Done with wires under house for Cband and rewired Dish Network while I was there. Tested motor wires. Now just to assemble the dish and place it on the pole. Add LNB. Adjust...readjust....and hopefully a signal. :) I don't have my FTA receiver yet but I hope my analog one works this LNB doesn't have a servo motor and the old receiver needs it. I hope it will at least give me the even or odd channels. :)

Mount don't seem correct

Someone look at this pic. I bought a polar mount 6 foot prime focus but I don't see hows it possible to attach a motor to this? Am I missing a part? OR is it put together wrong? :confused:

Attachments

• mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 173
Does that one bar not belong? Maybe for a fixed position? The diagram I have looks like it has a extra piece going to the motor. Is that the bar flipped into a different position? The diagram is so small I can't really tell. :confused:

The bar you got hooked to the dish ring flips in the other direction and the actuator hooks to it and the dish ring the way you have it is for a stationary mount.:)

The bar you got hooked to the dish ring flips in the other direction and the actuator hooks to it and the dish ring the way you have it is for a stationary mount.:)
oh ok. I thought something looked wrong. lol. Thanks.

:)

Hmm the bolt that came with my motor is bigger than the hole on the dish. :(

Ok. Dish together and on pole. :) Still have feed arms to put on and feedhorn. I think that part will be easy. Hard part alignment.

I have instructions for my old skyvision 7.5 the angles should be the same correct?

The parts on this one is a bit different.

My latitude is 38.3497 aprox.. lol

My old instructions say 5 degree Declination

Polar angle is 51.6 degrees

Is a protractor and a compass all I need to align?

I wish this Sadoun Prime focus 6 foot dish came with a little bit of instructions. It shows the focal point of 68.7cm but that is it.

Any help would be great. I haven't aimed a BUD for a few years. :eek:

Could some post the back of a prime focus 6 foot with the autuator attached. The diagram isn't clear on how it attaches.

Ok this is how I got it on so far. I put the autuator arm a bit more than 3 inches from the top. It was the only way I could make it match what the diagram shows. Here are 2 photos. Does it look like its installed correctly? :confused:

Attachments

• dish1.JPG
    dish1.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 337
  • dish 2.JPG
    dish 2.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 162
Just glancing it does(all my expertise is with 8'up)... you may have to loosen the clamp holding the actuator arm and adjust ...
Looks like you're going for a western arc. I would suggest loosening the clamp and sliding the actuator down, so the dish will be pointing to the western horizon.
If you want an eastern arc, move the brace over to the other side, along with the actuator, and do the same thing, pointing the dish to the eastern horizon.

Looks like you're going for a western arc. I would suggest loosening the clamp and sliding the actuator down, so the dish will be pointing to the western horizon.
If you want an eastern arc, move the brace over to the other side, along with the actuator, and do the same thing, pointing the dish to the eastern horizon.
Humm... I'm in WV so I need Eastern.. East top of actuator on right site. West autuator on Left side. I thought.

The plate that attaches to supporting truss where I determine Polar angle. I am not sure how to flip that plate so it has a hole big enough for the actuator bolt. :confused:

I'm in between 2 hill sides so 125 W is the furthest West Satellite I can get. I hope I can get over to 72 W

Your setup is correct, just loosen the clamp on the Actuator and slide away from the motor so the dish is pointing toward AMC8 @ 139.

You're in the East. What you probably want to watch is basically from you towards the Pacific Ocean. That is a Western Arc. An Eastern Arc would be from you toward Europe.

You're in the East. What you probably want to watch is basically from you towards the Pacific Ocean. That is a Western Arc. An Eastern Arc would be from you toward Europe.
Yes that satellites towards the Pacific Ocean is what I normal get. 125 to 87 is what I got on my old dish.

What confuses me is the instructions on my Skyvision 7.5 mesh said. If I was East of Denver to use the Eastern setup. In which the motor hooked to the right side of the dish. Which worked on my other dish.

This new dish made no mention of Eastern setup or Western. :confused:

The "Eastern" setup has the Motor on the West side.
It's just enough to keep things interesting. :)
oh my lol ok it is on the west side. I still think the little bar thing is on the wrong side. I'll figure it out tommorrow my brain hurts now. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)