Fortec Star 6 foot system install fun. :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think you're fine, looking at your photo, the Arm Clamp should be just a few inches from the end, away from the motor.
oh ok. I will move that tommorrow. :) Now to figure out the other alignment stuff.

merged the three threads together...lets try and keep all the install issues in one thread ;)
Oops I knew I had 2 open I forgot about the one and 1 I put in a Sadoun thread but no response from them. I bought it from them. ;)

Raining today. :(

Feed arms attached and hooked to feedhorn.

Just need to center feedhorn and attach LNBF. Allign dish. Drill another hole for extra wires. I ran the motor wires plus 3 RG6's to expand....

C band to start then a Ku.

I had a DBS LNB on my old 7.5 dish but I could never find a signal with it. I think I didn't have it aimed correctly. :confused:

I think my FTA receiver will be here Friday just in time for my dish to be complete. I knew it was gonna take a while so I didn't rush on shipping on it. :D

LNB Question

I have a GeoSat Pro C2 Twin Output C-Band LNBF. On a regular LNB with a Servo motor it has arrows on it to allign it with the polar axis. This has some markings that say 30 | 0 | 30 should the "0" point along the polar axis? Is that what those markings are for. There are no instructions with this LNBF. :confused:

uMM I think its alligned. Looks good to me. Just gotta fine tune later after I find something. Gonna center LNBF here in a few then....start searching. :) My FTA receiver acording to UPS is in IL long trip from Canada. Should be here by Friday. I have a analog so I can maybe find something. :)

eew broken ring that holds lnb in place. Must be thinner than my other one. :( However I found my first satellite signal. Muahahahahahaha :D Oprah Winfrey Show wild feed. I have no idea what satellite I am on yet. But I have one the others should be easy to find.:D

eew broken ring that holds lnb in place. Must be thinner than my other one. :( However I found my first satellite signal. Muahahahahahaha :D Oprah Winfrey Show wild feed. I have no idea what satellite I am on yet. But I have one the others should be easy to find.:D

You might be on G26 (formerly T6) @ 97W? Orbit is showing Oprah appearing on tp 24 M-F @ 4:00 EDT. anyways...Congrats on getting a picture!!! :)

You might be on G26 (formerly T6) @ 97W? Orbit is showing Oprah appearing on tp 24 M-F @ 4:00 EDT. anyways...Congrats on getting a picture!!! :)
ok thanks. :) I found Galaxy 16 for sure. :) Its nice to have a screen broadcast and tells where where ya are. Disney-abc feed. :)

Not much on C band or I just can't find it. lol My receiver is analog and there is no servo motor on my lnbf. Friday I will have a FTA receiver. I've only found Galaxy 16, AMC 1 and AMC 18 so far.

I know I have to fine tune the dish still. I was glad to see any signal the first time I looked. :D

Here are my settings on Elevation and Delination. Someone check it and make sure I'm correct in figuring it. ;)

Latitude is 38.5

I set Polar axis on the True North/South Line.

I set Elevation angle at 38.5

I set Declination offset angle at 6

Focal point set at what it said to on the Diagram for dish assembly.

Feed arms and feed centered.

Pole is plumb. Base of dish is plumb.

Received FTA receiver today. One day early. :) I hope it works.

Fortec Star working. Got a few channels on the satellites I found. Still can't get the receiver to move my motor. I'm using a SatHawk GBox V3000. :confused:

Hmm. I can only find 2 satellites. Galaxy 16 and AMC 1. Something outta wack I guess. Just found NASA Its set for Galaxy 14 so I guess I found that one. lol

Last edited:
Just throwing these your way, as a "fresh" perspective...

Did you go the correct way for the Deinclination? At your True South Sat the Dish should be at 32.5 (elevation - deinclination)

What are you using for your True South Sat?

If you are seeing NASA on C-Band you must be on AMC-7 @ 137W or AMC-6 @ 72W?
I think I am lost now. :D

I came up with another possibility of Galaxy 11 91W it has a couple of other channels on the LyngSat list The CW channel is there too but no mention of NASA but its there.

Just throwing these your way, as a "fresh" perspective...

Did you go the correct way for the Deinclination? At your True South Sat the Dish should be at 32.5 (elevation - deinclination)

What are you using for your True South Sat?
I need something fresh. I have a signal but I think I was just lucky. :D

I followed the directions on some site that is popular on here. I used a compass and eyed my true north/south line to 183.8 degrees plus my Magnetic Declination of 7.1 degrees west. Equals 190.9 degrees lines up with my polar axis on my dish mount as good as I can get.

I set my Elevation angle using a protractor across the Polar Axis on the mount and set it to 38.5 (my Latitude)

I set the Declination using a straight board across the face of the dish and added 38.5 + 6 = 44.5 degrees on my protactor.

My old instructions for my Skyvision dish is different but I never did it alligned perfect. I even called an "expert" lol to aim it and he stayed inside for 8 hours and wouldn't look at the dish as I wanted.

it says my Declination is 5 degress and my polar angle should be 51.6 degrees. :confused:

my true south satellite..not sure.. lol I'm beyond lost.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts