FORTEC STAR FS08 and stationary ground mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CFreak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I don't see many of these 2.4 meter dishes for sale with the polar mount include. Most of them seem to just include a stationary ground mount
and I assume this would be a pain to ghetto aim. I also assume if you got this dish it would only be make sense to leave it on only one satellite. Does the declination settings and elevation have to be set or is the stationary ground mount already set for the declination settings and elevation?
Also do you have to buy a custom made polar mount for the FORTEC STAR FS08 or can you just use a normal polar mount you have gotton of a previous C band dish? For instance I have a polar mount from my damaged 10 foot dish could that be used on the FORTEC STAR FS08 dish?:confused:

Your old polar mount will work with maybe a slight modification to the dish. You may need to drill a couple of holes to attach the mount to the back of the dish.

Polar mount and Pole mount version will be available soon from Sadoun Satellite Sales.

Your old polar mount will work with maybe a slight modification to the dish. You may need to drill a couple of holes to attach the mount to the back of the dish.

Polar mount and Pole mount version will be available soon from Sadoun Satellite Sales.

Thanks Sadoun. Thats good to know. I assume the holes would need to be drilled on the ribs sticking out the back of the dish if needed be. Or the circler metal attached to the back of the dish and maybe add some washers if the metal isn't thick enough for my polar mount. Well I guess need to study the photos more carefully at you website. Thanks again.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)