fortec star mercuy II

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmeTech

Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hi All:

Have a bit of a strange problem. I am using a C band dish and receiver with the Fortec . We have a strong signal of 85 to 90 and quality of 65 to 75 .

The picture and audio are perfect,except for the following : Turn the system on to TBN main channel all is well ,flip thru the other channels all ok. Go back to the first channel picture is perfect but no audio. In order to get the audio back you have to go thru all the channels again then audio is restored.

Anyone have any idea of what the problem is.:confused::confused:

I moved this to the C-band area since ytou mentioned that.

So you are getting the TBN channels off G14/G5 at 125W? I know there is a group of channels there. The 5 TBN channels and a HD channel.

There are 2 sets of chanenls there and the 2nd set uses AC-3 Audio...they are usually labelled as such (ex: TBN AC-3)

Thanks for answering ,sorry for posting on the wrong forum.
Yes I am on Galaxy 14 125W. and I am receiving 5 TBN channels plus hd. How are the other channels you mentioned received? Do I have to reprogram the digital receiver? or is the problem in the C band receiver or lnb. I have had the dish aimed by a professional tech using a satellite finder.

no you're fine

There are 14 channels on that transponder
HD channel
spare channel
TBN
Church Channel
JCTV
SOAC
Enlance

All of these channels have regular audio. Then there is a duplicate set of channels that have AC-3 audio. Those require a separate audio decoder (AC-3 is like Dolby Digital)

What I would do is delete all the channels on that transponder, then rescan it in. I would then recommend removing the channels that say "XXXXXX_AC3" with the XXXX being the channel name

Thanks Iceberg for the quick reply. This receiver as purchased from Glorystar and I thought it was already programed for the correct channels. Was I wrong to have assumed that ? A little history on this receiver ,was originally shipped without the TBN channels ,was returned . When shipped second time damaged in shipping (power supply circuit board was broken ) returned again and was repaired . Not sure if this present problem is connected to the repair.

I am an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and know little about satellite. I have the manual for the receiver ,however I would not want to create more problems than I have at present by rerogramming the channels. This whole ordeal has taken nearly 4 months to get to this point. Thanks for your help and suggestions .

hopefully someone can chime in on how to rescan that transponder to make it work...otherwise I'll hook up my merc ii tomorrow and see if I can list exactly how to do it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)