Found A Free Muzak Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So I was on my way back from lunch and up the street from work. They was remodling the old gass station and in the junk trailer was this Muzak dish. I asked them if it was going to the junk and if so. Could I have it. They asked what I wanted it for. I told them I had a ku receiver and thus, this would be perfect for it. Didn't want to give to much away. But, they had no problem with me snatching it up. So I reached in the junk trailer and pulled it out. Took it over to my small suzuki sidekick. Detacted the arms. Carefull not to bend them and stuffed the whole thing in back.

Now Plz fill me in on the blanks. I do know what muzak is but I have no idea of dish size. Sortof a oval shape. LNB reads Zimwell DRO LNB (RF 11.70-12.20 Ghz) THus, I know from this site it is KU band. Then lnb is adjustable too. No info on the dish. Just the Muzak sticker. I'm going to look up some LNB stuff later tonight.

Thanks,

Josh

Attachments

• Dish Back.JPG
    Dish Back.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 422
  • Dish Front.JPG
    Dish Front.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 672
  • LNB.JPG
    LNB.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 414
I would guess its a 1 m, I don't know what Musak uses dish-wise. Should work fine though with a proper LNB, Nice find! Measure it up...1m is 39.37 inches IIRC. :)

Measured

43.X Inches UP/Down

40.X Inches Right/Left

1.0M ? When I did the math. Hoped it was a 1.2. not that i know why. lol

Yes, I did some more research on the lnb. Seems to be one heck of a KU band dish/lnb. No model number on the lnb. though I found the manual for it.

Thanks,

Josh

43.X Inches UP/Down

40.X Inches Right/Left

1.0M ? When I did the math. Hoped it was a 1.2. not that i know why. lol

Yes, I did some more research on the lnb. Seems to be one heck of a KU band dish/lnb. No model number on the lnb. though I found the manual for it.

Thanks,

Josh

Most of the older dish are around 40 inches, the LNB may not work anymore, but if you could find a DMSI dealer, you can order a ASC511 KU KNB.

Don't know if they used a single polarity lnbf or not, that one might be good to use as is. Looks like a nice fixed-satellite setup.

Last edited:
replacement LNB (if needed)

This is an old eBay listing, but it should give you an idea what to expect.
The feed horn shown appears to be for an elliptical dish, so you might want to use the one that came with your round dish.

The LNB shown has a single output, with V and H selected by voltage like modern LNBs.
If your old LNB has two outputs, one may be V and one H .
If both outputs work, you can combine them with a 2x4 switch (3x4 is same thing).
They aren't expensive.

Congrats on the nice dish.
If you want to motorize it, please read the thread on putting Primestar dishes on motors.

I have the 30 inch version of that dish, feed supports but no feedhorn. Mine was used by AEI Music. It has a 2" pole AZ-EL mount similar to the one used on the Channel Master dishes.

The newer Muzak dishes use an Azure Shine 36" dish identical to the one being distributed by 3ABN.

I am using one of those dishes and it works the best (for it's size) of any dish I've owned.:) My LNB is single polarity, 10.7 GHz LO, and receives all the normal KU stuff.

Attachments

• PIC00005.jpg
    PIC00005.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 374
Couldn't leave "well enough alone". Now gets 97, 87, 93 and DirectTV@101.

I swear this dish has more gain than my 1.2M.

Attachments

• FTAdish.jpg
    FTAdish.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 506
Well that is something

Well that is something. Just hang them off there like bats upside down from a cave. Well I hooked up my sat meter and got a signal. But didn't do any farther testing. But I was wondering if somebody was crazy or stupid enough to try a c-band lnb. lol

Later,

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts