Found a Neat Little Feature I did not know about.

Jhon69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Central San Joaquin Valley,CA.
I was operating my 625 SD DVR the other night when a question came up.I know when I am using the guide you can advance 24 hours forward by pressing the Skip Fwd button on the remote control and back with the Skip Back button.

But what if I only want to advance 12 hours,or 8,or 6?.I know I can press and hold the blue right arrow by the blue select button to run the guide forward, but is there any other way?.

So I read my 522/625 Owner's Manual and it said there was.If I just want to skip forward 12 hours in the guide,enter the numbers 1-2 then press the blue right arrow on the remote control by the blue select button and it worked, the guide advanced 12 hours.it worked the same for 1,3,6,8 hours and the same to go back by pressing the blue left arrow.So hopefully the VIPs also have this feature,which is a neat little feature I did not know about.:)

Yup, VIP receivers do as well. Sorry about the missing 120min buffers! This actually bit me the other evening when I got interrupted near the beginning of a 2 hr program. Of course I put it on pause and when I finally got back, the 60 min buffer had been exceeded and the receiver went into play mode. I lost about 30 mins of that 2 hr program. :(

Yup, VIP receivers do as well. Sorry about the missing 120min buffers! This actually bit me the other evening when I got interrupted near the beginning of a 2 hr program. Of course I put it on pause and when I finally got back, the 60 min buffer had been exceeded and the receiver went into play mode. I lost about 30 mins of that 2 hr program. :(

Yes If Dish could add that to the VIPs it would be awesome!.:D

If you want to go ahead 6 hours in the guide press 6 then the right arrow key. For 12 hours punch in 12 and hit the right arrow key...

You get the picture. :D

why not just hit record twice?

too bad the old receivers guide info would go out 30 minutes to an hour max before having to wait to have it fill in :)

Actually that was the reason for the feature.

Suppose you wanted to know about 18 hours from now.

If you go right arrow, then every few hours, it would have to download the data - you would have to download all the data between now and then.

But if you hit 1-8-right, then it would only download the data for 18 hours from now, which is much faster.

When they added hard drives, then it would download the whole 9 days every morning and so just holding down right arrow suddenly worked fine...

Hah... I've known about that feature since '07 when I first got DISH.

I also miss the 625's 2 hour buffer, however, pressing the record button isn't too terribly hard when you know you'll be gone for more than an hour :) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts