Found an intersting item at Goodwill..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
I was at my local Goodwill and found a Videocipher II I think Model Number S56 or S560..Looked to be a Big Dish Receiver..The back had a combination of RF and RCA connections and old fashioned speaker hookups..the red and black ones you push up. Looked to be from the mid 1980's..Just wondering if I could connect my setup if i would get much of anything..

Now that I read a little probably not because of the receiver being analog..Interesting find though

The Videocipher II module is basically worthless. The receiver that it's in could be used for the increasingly rare analog feeds. I would remove the Videocipher II module as all it's doing is putting an added strain on the box's power supply. Also, the battery, in the module, is probably dead, and ready to leak. Is there a brand name on the box?

Yeah, what a shame...some of those old analog receivers were the best that will ever be built, quality wise. I have a Uniden, 3 HTS's and a Panasonic and 2 or 3 others that I just hate to trash...they all work. I forget what they all are.

But I know they were Cadillacs in their day!

A Tip: Some of the old VCR's and receivers had RF modulators that were easy to remove and hook up...+5v, ground, audio and video and you could make a home made RF modulator out of one pretty easy. All the pins were labeled and they plugged into the main board. Just cut the wires and tape some plugs onto them and there ya go. Would be good if you wanted to send a RF signal to a TV where picture quality and mono sound didn't matter...like the garage or something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)