found another primestar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
I just got another primestar. It is a 1 X 0.7. It is the same size as my 84e, but the diffrence is the feedhorn. Why is feedhorn on this dish so much larger then the 84e when both are 40 X 30.

Which do you think I should use the smaller one or the larger one on my motorized dish when ( and if ) I get a chance to put it up.

Attachments

• 100_3032.jpg
    100_3032.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 100_3033.jpg
    100_3033.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_3034.jpg
    100_3034.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 156
That LNB looks to be the one they've called the Dove Bar, in previous threads.

As for the larger feedhorn, we could guess, we could test, but maybe someone actually knows what's up with that. :rolleyes:

I have both versions on different 84e's too. Maybe it was from when they were installed (??)

both work just fine for what I use them for :)

Thanks guys
Just one more question ( about this dish ) do you know of a place that I might find replacement covers for the feedhorn.

I would use the feedhorn that came on the dish, whichever you decide to use, since they are prob matched to the dish design.

I just picked up one of those dishes myself, last week. Since it's designed to be used on that dish, I was planning on leaving the stock LNBF on it to see how it performs.

I have one on the roof of the bakery in town, I put a TechTracker Redhead on it. Used a piece of plastic plumbers tape to hold it on. Gave a stronger Q than the stock lnb.

I was talking about the front cover. I would like to try and use the factory lnb. But I also Have a tracker II ( redhead ) to fall back on. Thanks for the reply's. I might just try a milk jug but, I might be able to use fingernail polish to cover up the crack in the one I have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts