Fox Appealing Judge's Denial of Hopper 'Anywhere' Injunction

Because Sling was a separate company and was not associated with a TV distributor. Now Dish owns sling and Dish has a contract with FOX. Dish has put sling into Dish hardware. FOX should have no trouble saying they are suing now because things are different.

The contract aspect has zero to do with any infringement claim. By not suing right away allowing people and companies to purchase and use sling tech for so many years, they have weakened their copyright argument.

Are they going to sue Tivo who just this week put out an update to allow live streaming anywhere from its DVR?

The fact that the Hopper with Sling has Sling built in is really a weak arguement. If they don't want Sling built in, DISH can just say fine and disable the Sling built into the Hopper and send everyone a free stand along Slingbox. It dosen't change a thing.

The fact that the Hopper with Sling has Sling built in is really a weak arguement. If they don't want Sling built in, DISH can just say fine and disable the Sling built into the Hopper and send everyone a free stand along Slingbox. It dosen't change a thing.

My guess would be they'd have to do that if Dish loses it's suit. Otherwise, you have millions of customers with a "bricked" receiver.

Yes but you miss the point. It's a straw man argument. That isn't really what Fox and the others are after. So even if they won on that point, they lose because all DISH does is what Scott said.

Yes but you miss the point. It's a straw man argument. That isn't really what Fox and the others are after. So even if they won on that point, they lose because all DISH does is what Scott said.

I agree, but stranger things have happened in law suits. I guess I'm just thinking "bottom line," worst case scenario for the customer.

True dat. I think DISH does win this, just as Aereo is going to win. Now what the Networks and affiliates do in reaction is another story.

Oh, RED SOX................:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)