Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

This is double edged sword...The programmers need viewers as well as the providers...If the pricing keeps going up, they both lose. Neither can survive without each other. The programmers are betting that satellite/cable will continue to pay and the subscriber will continue to pay too. Well, the handwriting is on the wall...Direct has stated they refuse to pay huge increases and Dish is in the same boat.

OMG, it’s 4AM and I’m just reading this :)

We have been so busy today switching over disgruntled Dish customers to cable today, I had no idea they lost ALL the fox owned stations.

I’m sorry for everyone who has to put up with this, but I’m going to make a lot of money at the expense of Dish :)

This is getting to be a bit much, first HBO, then the regionals and now Fox and FS1 and 2 (so much for the MLB playoffs). I know people on this forum get all upset when someone says they're thinking about cancelling their service, but how much more can customers be expected to take?

OMG, it’s 4AM and I’m just reading this :)

We have been so busy today switching over disgruntled Dish customers to cable today, I had no idea they lost ALL the fox owned stations.

I’m sorry for everyone who has to put up with this, but I’m going to make a lot of money at the expense of Dish :)
No need to sue DISH now.

Just take it out of their hide one disgruntled customer at a time.

Reactions: pattykay
Pretty soon Dish will be advertising that the Hopper can record every Dish Network channel at the same time and store almost 2 days worth of all the programming on the hard drive.

Never miss a days show and never have to program the DVR, because the Hopper records all 16 Dish Network channels.

Pretty soon Dish will be advertising that the Hopper can record every Dish Network channel at the same time and store almost 2 days worth of all the programming on the hard drive.

Never miss a days show and never have to program the DVR, because the Hopper records all 16 Dish Network channels.
Anyone who needs more than 16 channels needs to get a life and check into rehab.

If this is what was offered by Dish, then how can Fox not accept it so the viewers can continue to watch during negotiations.
You do understand that Dish (and Fox) is going to put their stance in the best light. Sure, Dish may have made that offer, but was it contingent on something else? Take EVERYTHING said by EITHER side with a huge grain of salt.

I know people on this forum get all upset when someone says they're thinking about cancelling their service, but how much more can customers be expected to take?

True, but what provider are you going to switch to that will be any better? This sort of mess if becoming commonplace among all the providers now.

It's getting to the point now, if I turn on the TV and the channel I want to watch is there that day, I call it a win. :confused:

I thought the installer was supposed to confirm reception of the Big 4 networks. My OTA install is next Tuesday
Just a heads up, we can't and won't guarantee these FREE ota antennas to work. I just put one in yesterday, and could only pull PBS and ABC. This guy was a Sling subscriber, and paid $150 to have us put it in. I see his account notes this morning, he already called in and got it refunded.

This is really affecting me. First I lost my ability to watch my Cleveland Indians when Dish lost Fox Sports Ohio. I also lost the ability to watch the Cincinnati Reds when Dish lost Fox Sports Cincinnati. Now it looks like I will lose the ability to watch my OSU Buckeyes now that Dish has lost the Big 10 network.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
O H

Please. It's not like both sides didn't know this was coming, of course they were going to want to put their side out there.

I don't get why Dish gets a free pass from so many on this forum over these disputes. It takes two to tango. We get told that Fox wants to charge an unreasonable amount to carry their channels, but who actually knows?

The RSNs have been gone for what, two months? If Dish is so dedicated to standing up for it's customers, how come my bill hasn't been reduced by whatever amount they were paying when they did have those channels?

That's the reason I switched to the Flex Pack and reduced my bill by over $45 per month. It's inexcusable.

Well yes there is that. A perfect example is USC at Washington this Saturday on the local Fox channel. I was pointing out that Pac12 has its own network. If this BS continues I can see them taking over all Pac 12 TV rights. Luckily for me I have an antenna that receives my local Fox station just fine. Not so lucky for the FS 1 games though.
The Pac-12 is under contract to provide a certain number of games to both ESPN and FOX. They can't just take over all the TV rights because they feel like it.

If Dish is so dedicated to standing up for it's customers, how come my bill hasn't been reduced by whatever amount they were paying when they did have those channels?

They're not standing up for you. Corporations are in the business to make money, not have warm fuzzy feelings for customers. Pass the savings along to the consumer? :piethrow