Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Cable does (mostly).

Comcast's profit margin on broadband internet is pretty large. It gives them deep pockets to absorb the TV providers rate increases. That's why they can bundle TV with their internet at a competitive rate. There is a lot of wiggle room for them on bundling, when their overpriced broadband is included.

Comcast's profit margin on broadband internet is pretty large. It gives them deep pockets to absorb the TV providers rate increases. That's why they can bundle TV with their internet at a competitive rate. There is a lot of wiggle room for them on bundling, when their overpriced broadband is included.
You said it much better than I did in the other thread.

Reactions: pattykay
48912326-8CFC-4841-8CAC-D69712CCDEEC.jpeg
Just saw this on the fox site... Not sure how true this is...

I guess the bottom line is, vote with wallet. If you are a customer who likes Dish's strategy and doesn't mind the loss of these channels, then it works for you. If you are affected by the loss and need these channels, you can go with a different provider. When people ask me to make a recommendation on which provider they should go with, I suggest that they make a list of must-have channels. Then I tell them to never sign a contract, because some (or all) of those channels might go away for any reason. Then, they can easily switch to a different provider.

Paused my account. If they get these channels back I’ll be back. If not. On to streaming. Fubo has a great selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should mention FUBO. I just started a 7 day trial with them so I can watch my college game tomorrow. So far so good. Might leave my Dish account "paused" for good!!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I tend to side with Dish on this dispute, since Orby has had problems negotiating with Faux and correspondingly does not carry their channels.

That said I definitely understand those who cancel service or drop packages. I dropped the flex pack containing BTN and I won't put back even if BTN comes back.

FOX is choosing to pull its channels from our customers, which we think is unfair. FOX is demanding a double-digit percentage rate increase for continued carriage of its local channels. FOX is also attempting to “force bundle” it’s local channels with unrelated cable networks to get more money, and gain negotiating leverage. At it’s May investor day, FOX executives promoted their plan to increase retransmission revenue by 62 percent, to $2.6 billion by 2022. --Trisha R.

Why do you guys lie?

Seriously, same scripted line of BS every time a dispute happens.

Dish needs to quit placing blame on the other party when their is a dispute and be positive about the situation.

Customers just want to watch Tv. That’s your motto, right? Why does Dish have a problem with this lately?

That said I definitely understand those who cancel service or drop packages. I dropped the flex pack containing BTN and I won't put back even if BTN comes back.
I only put the Regional or National action packs on during weekends and keep them off all other times. Now I have less incentive to do so.

Dish is going to go bankrupt over this crap. Football drives viewership more than anything else and losing B1G, Big12, & Pac12 games will be the final nail in the coffin. Before long their only option will be to merge with the skeleton of DirecTV and go down with the sinking ship together for a few years.

True, but If football is your thing you should have left Dish years ago.

I doubt they go bankrupt, but I think the consensus is they would loose some subscribers over it, but at the end be more profitable than before.

Funny you should mention FUBO. I just started a 7 day trial with them so I can watch my college game tomorrow. So far so good. Might leave my Dish account "paused" for good!!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It’s really a nice product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nominal
To where, exactly? When Dish has a dispute people say viewers will "bolt" to DTV. When DTV has a dispute people say viewers will "bolt" to Dish. When they both have a dispute people will "bolt" to streaming. When streaming has a dispute, yada, yada, yada......... I've got news for you, the grass isn't greener anywhere, not anywhere, so pick your poison. The only fix for this is for Congress to change the law.
Amen but all they're worried about is Trump.

Why do you guys lie?

Seriously, same scripted line of BS every time a dispute happens.

Dish needs to quit placing blame on the other party when their is a dispute and be positive about the situation.

Customers just want to watch Tv. That’s your motto, right? Why does Dish have a problem with this lately?
I do find it interesting that DIRT / Dish Support staff are jumping into programming dispute threads lately. It's my recollection that they always used to avoid them in the past....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)