Fox Blocks Millions of DISH Customers

??
I get Fox local ch 13 Seattle
That’s because the Seattle FOX station isn’t owned and operated by FOX. I should have included that. FOX on demand is shut down for everyone so that the 17 cities that FOX owns the stations DISH subs can’t use it to watch FOX programming.

Most of these provider are 40 to $60 per month, provide a terrible interface, and their lineups are pretty bare. Most don’t even offer Viacom, and everyone has several channels missing that I enjoy. So you’re still looking at the hundred dollar range for a similar package. Plus you have to deal with lagging live sports and dropouts.

Actually, that's what i thought too. Then I watched my son's YouTube TV, and he's getting 118 channels, all the main ones that we watch (except History, and its coming - they have a good record of adding channels people want) plus regional sports channels and the major sports channels (e.g. NBCSports, Fox Sports 1 and 2, etc.) and of course all the locals. Unlimited DVR recordings, good picture quality, no buffering, etc. $50 vs. the $120 I spend on my Dish bill (and that's with a two year deal renewed.) No rain fade either. No contract, up to 3 simultaneous systems can be going at once, watch using just about any device (I'm in an apartment at the moment and he gave me a login to check it out using my Roku.) They've come a long way from when I was looking at them (and other services) a year ago.

IMG_2016.JPG

You could say that about dish back in the day
Actually, that's what i thought too. Then I watched my son's YouTube TV, and he's getting 118 channels, all the main ones that we watch (except History, and its coming - they have a good record of adding channels people want) plus regional sports channels and the major sports channels (e.g. NBCSports, Fox Sports 1 and 2, etc.) and of course all the locals. Unlimited DVR recordings, good picture quality, no buffering, etc. $50 vs. the $120 I spend on my Dish bill (and that's with a two year deal renewed.) No rain fade either. No contract, up to 3 simultaneous systems can be going at once, watch using just about any device (I'm in an apartment at the moment and he gave me a login to check it out using my Roku.) They've come a long way from when I was looking at them (and other services) a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The most appealing things about the Live Streaming services are the lack of a contract and the lack of any installer coming to your house. That way, when YTTV starts having disputes, you can switch to PS Vue or Hulu, etc. and so on.

I never got a response from Locast regarding the incorrect location on my SHIELD TV (Android box), but I was able to get it to work by going to the Locast site on an infrequently used PC on my network and "casting" it to my SHIELD. It's not flawless because about every hour I have to refresh the webpage on the PC because the stream freezes. I did notice right away that I needed to sign up for the monthly $5.50 donation to Locast to avoid the frequent interruptions asking for money. Overall it's a decent solution until I can get my OTA back up to speed. (The antenna is atop a 50' tower and trees have encroached around it, essentially mauling the tines on the antenna.)

Just a heads up, we can't and won't guarantee these FREE ota antennas to work. I just put one in yesterday, and could only pull PBS and ABC. This guy was a Sling subscriber, and paid $150 to have us put it in. I see his account notes this morning, he already called in and got it refunded.
My OTA install went great. The tech didn't think he would be able to get my ABC local, since that's the one major tower in the opposite direction. That one comes in at 80-85.

I have 34 channels total, including all of the big 4 networks.

Same result here. Dish chat and phone support said my address wasn't eligible for an OTA install. I e-mailed ceo@dishnetwork.com (as suggested earlier in this thread) and explained that I have successfully picked up the local stations at my house 28 miles away and asked for an override. Tech came out and had to use the stronger attic/outdoor antenna (instead of the flat panel indoor antenna) but I could get all the local stations including Fox. He did say that his colleagues have been driving around the area testing reception, which is interesting. Would be curious how they test it from the trucks (if that's accurate). I will be mounting the antenna in the attic myself but I have the OTA adapter and antenna so I'm happy about that!

He did say that his colleagues have been driving around the area testing reception, which is interesting. Would be curious how they test it from the trucks (if that's accurate)

I'm not a Dish tech, but I test OTA signal strength using some tools I keep in a backpack. A mudflap antenna, rabbit ears, an HD Homerun Connect, a 10 dB preamp, and assorted coax. I connect this to my laptop, and then I can test OTA anywhere I am.

IMG_3301.JPG
IMG_3300.JPG
IMG_3299.JPG
IMG_3297.JPG
IMG_3296.JPG
IMG_3295.JPG

......... I did notice right away that I needed to sign up for the monthly $5.50 donation to Locast to avoid the frequent interruptions asking for money.

And I maintain that is one of the reasons the Networks will win the suit(s) with them. That's more than just asking for donations on their website. And it changes the broadcast to something different than the Local is broadcasting. Locast can relay the programming but with no changes. And you can bet the Networks know how people are fooling the system for their DMA.

Although it doesn't resolve my issues with missing channels, after a 80 minute phone call I was able to get a 40 dollar credit towards my next bill cycle. Unfortunately I'm wrapped up in a 2 year contract (I have my reasons) but I never expected the loose the channels that mean the most to me. After not getting Fox sports Ohio back for now over what, 2 months, I'm not optimistic we will get any of these channels back. After October my buy out would be $360. : ( Any other options to get out of this contract or am I SOL? Maybe you insiders know a trick or two. Man, after 13 years of being a loyal customer to Dish, this is the closest I've ever come to leaving. I was avoiding streaming services at all cost. I think the closest thing that fits my needs would be Youtube TV unless there are better options with the same channel line up.

Reactions: pattykay
That’s because the Seattle FOX station isn’t owned and operated by FOX. ...

Not yet, at least. Perry Sook and his elves have the station we call 'Q13 FOX' in their hot little hands right now. But soon we might end up calling it "FOX13," thus losing a well-known nickname. Let's all hope this impasse ends presently before things get worse in Western WA.

Reactions: pattykay