Fox Business Added

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1690663-post10.html

From Retailer chat above:

Talk about new national HD added this week, Crime and Investigation HD, Fox Business News (HD) and Fox News HD. Plus they announce that coming this spring the following new national HD channels… BET, BETJ, Comedy Central, CMT, MTV, Nickelodeon, Spike TV and VH-1.

Dish removes FNC HD and FBC HD from TurboHD paks!

Update Feb. 6. Dish Network says no to TurboHD subs.

A Summary:

1. Fox Business Channel is placed in Classic Gold 250.

2. Fox Business Channel HD is placed in GoldHD add-on but not in TurboHD Gold.

3. Fox Business Channel is @ 110w and 72.7w and is viewable by Classic Gold 250 subs now.

4. Fox Business Channel HD is @ 61.5w and 129w and is viewable by GoldHD add-on subs now. It is not available to TurboHD Gold subs.

5. Fox News Channel is placed in DISHFAMILY and Classic Bronze 100 or higher.

6. Fox News Channel HD is placed in BronzeHD add-on or higher but not in TurboHD Bronze or higher.

7. Fox News Channel is @ 119w and 72.7w and of course is still viewable by subs, including Classic Bronze 100 subs.*

8. Fox News Channel HD is @ 61.5w and 129w and is viewable by BronzeHD add-on or higher subs now. It is not available to TurboHD Bronze or higher subs.

9. None of the above is available in any DishLATINO package.

10. AbsoluteHD subs get nothing.*

* Apparently FNC SD is viewable by TurboHD and AbsoluteHD subs as a free preview until Mar. 4.​

Last edited:
So this free preview until Mar. 4 seems to corroborate the statements made by others in the forum that Turbo subs will not be seeing this until the beginning of March. It seems likely that Absolute subs would not be getting the addition.

It appears that 1-10 above are all true. TurboHD subs are scum. No Fox News/Business in HD for you! Dish says call them and they'll think about it.:rolleyes:

Both FOXB and Foxnews in HD magically appeared today... at least I noticed them for the first time.

I almost switched to DirecTV sevearl times... but there is too much investment in teaching others how to use the systems... in the household... as well as common (extra remotes)... etc. I suspect Dish's DVR's are better anyway. The 722 is about as good as it gets, I suspect.

Anyway... they did it, and FOXB in HD looks great.

Thanks Dish.

Now if I could just get rid of the land line....

Both FOXB and Foxnews in HD magically appeared today... at least I noticed them for the first time.

Anyway... they did it, and FOXB in HD looks great.

Thanks Dish.

Glad to hear you are happy with your GoldHD add-on!:) TurboHD stand-alone subs are not so lucky.:(

So in reading the posts on this subject, new HD was added this week (fox) but if you subscribe to the HD only package you dont get the new HD?

Something is wrong with this picture, is this the start of moving away from the all HD packages to increase revenue with having customers still subscribe to the SD programming?

But it wouldn't make sense. It seems that turbo subs spend the most on a per channel basis. It would appear that we are a money maker... Now with the price increase, they make even more...

The theory is that you are watching the FNC SD free preview. The test is if you can view channel 9477.

So the theory is that I'm visually challenged and can't tell the difference between SD and HD? Not much of a theory, really. A better one would be that I don't know what package I have.

But, for the record, I can watch 205 SD, 205 HD, and 9477.

So the theory is that I'm visually challenged and can't tell the difference between SD and HD? Not much of a theory, really.

Most people can't. My father can't. :rolleyes:

But, for the record, I can watch 205 SD, 205 HD, and 9477.

That definitely blows holes in the theory! Don't get mad, but could you do another test? See if you get ESPN News on channel 142 in both HD and SD. TurboHD stand-alone subs don't get ESNWS in the SD version.

Just trying to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

EDIT: I see you changed your post:
...not much of a theory, really. A better one would be that I don't know what package I have.

Is that the case?

I can usually tell, and Fox News makes it easy when they aren't showing HD programming, because the right bar they fill the picture in with says FNC HD periodically :)

Not mad. I've certainly considered the possilibility that Dish screwed something up in the switchover and I didn't get totally switched, but I've definitely switched to and am listed online as TurboHD Silver.

I only have 142 available in HD. The SD feed is green when I go to the All Chan list.

I only have 142 available in HD. The SD feed is green when I go to the All Chan list.

That confirms you are on TurboHD stand-alone. Yet it's established that you are viewing FNC HD. :confused:

So, why ARE you so special? Maybe the answer lies in the "glitch" Scott Greczkowski is reporting?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts