Fox Business Network

LhasaApso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
With the Fox Business Network scheduled to launch on October 15, any thoughts on when we should expect Dish Network to start carrying it?:)

With the Fox Business Network scheduled to launch on October 15, any thoughts on when we should expect Dish Network to start carrying it?:)

I haven't heard anything specific, but if FBN can be added using a clause in the FNC contract, I expect FBN can be launched on October 15th in the same program packages as FNC.

FBN seems pretty lame to me from looking at pre-launch info so I'm quite happy if CNBC is all I continue to get in my AT100 package.

I haven't heard anything specific, but if FBN can be added using a clause in the FNC contract, I expect FBN can be launched on October 15th in the same program packages as FNC.

FBN seems pretty lame to me from looking at pre-launch info so I'm quite happy if CNBC is all I continue to get in my AT100 package.

As a small business owner, I like the fact that they are going to include programming geared towards entrepreneurship and not just Wall street and stocks. I need good solid information on growing a small business financially, expansion of operations, overhead, etc. Small business is the meat and potatoes of America and Fox News is America's Newsroom, bringing fair and balanced news to the heartland (no, I am not being sarcastic, I am being serious). I have a feeling this channel will be a hit if they go after us little people. I hope Dish gets this channel.

Ideally, I would like to see a good mix of small business information, normal stock market stuff, and half hourly or hourly news updates from sister station Fox News Channel. I currently have FNC on in the background most of the time while I am working from home and can see myself replacing FNC with Fox Business, if it is all I hope it to be.

Heres to crossing my fingers that Dish or BHN (my cable company) add this channel soon after release.

There is one program called "Your Business" on MSNBC weekend mornings that might suit your tastes.

FBN on Dish

I want the channel as it appears to be the future TV home of Imus in The Morning.

This morning, DirecTV launched FBN and FBN-HD on its basic service. Apparently, it is not yet on Dish in either format. I'll check the Unofficial Dish Channel Chart later today to see if it has appeared somewhere.

The delay may be due to Rupert Murdoch's ownership of both FBN and DirecTV. Maybe dish is balking at the price to carry.

FBN now on dish network

Fox Business Network is now on Dish Network on channel 206 as of 2-2-09. It has also started carrying Fox News Channel in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts