Fox College Sports

Anony55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
USA
Does Dish Network offer the Fox College Sports channel. I've looked all through the packages on their site, but can't find it.

The "Good Guys" open their season on Sept. 3 on this channel, and I'd really like to see it. HD would be nice too, but I just wanna see the game. So SD would be OK too. If Dish doesn't have this channel, I wonder if the game its self will be carried on one of the FSN alternate channels?

Cheers

The Fox College Sports channel is really 3 channels. It/they are not available on Dish Network. Live games are available on DirecTV. You could very well see your games on the alternate channels. It happens all the time.

We didn't get them last year, so I am not holding my breath. I too am hoping they show on the Alt channels. If not my other hope is that the one cox sports channel that is unlocked as part of my cable Internet will be the one where Cox shows the FCS games.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We didn't get them last year, so I am not holding my breath. I too am hoping they show on the Alt channels...

Well, if not, I can always fall back on my Bro-in-law who has Direc. The biggest problem with that plan is... he's a fan of those "other" guys. ;)

Cheers

Most games on FCS are FCS exclusive games so you wont see them on other sports stations

As noted Directv has 3 channels devoted to the live games only...sadly in SD only (I dont know if they are even in HD)

North Dakota hockey as example is on there

With Fox Sports 1 and 2, I wonder what the future of these channels is. I'm lucky. Since we got the Pac12 channel a year ago, I never watch any of these Fox Sports/Root Sports regional channels anymore.

I only watch my local RSN (which includes B1G). It's the only way to get in depth coverage of my local teams.

When the Fox College Sports trio came out, the standard talking points stated that if you got all the RSNs (sports pack), your content would have significant overlap with the FCS content. I remember press releases or news stories that said that the FCS trio would feature content that was basically selected from the existing RSNs content. That may have caused some providers, such as Dish, to decide it wasn't worth adding FCS. But that prognostication has not proven to be very accurate as the FCS trio continues to carry significant amounts of original content and doesn't offer very much of the content you would get on the other RSNs. Somewhere along the way, the plan must have changed. I believe that the FCS trio was created to be a substitute for the mass bundle of FSN RSNs for local cable providers who didn't want to do it like the satellite companies did. That's why they have the three time zones -- to suit LOCAL cable companies. But the dynamics have changed so much since then. As was mentioned previously by a rabid UMD supporter no less, FCS seems to have become the official TV station of North Dakota Hockey -- games available nowhere else, much to my chagrin. I wish more of the RSNs carried college hockey.

As was mentioned previously by a rabid UMD supporter no less, FCS seems to have become the official TV station of North Dakota Hockey -- games available nowhere else, much to my chagrin
but not anymore. With the new college hockey changes North Dakota and UMD are both now part of the new NCHC (national college hockey conference) and they have an agreement with CBS SN for games. While Midco (the cable company) will carry all the home game of UND they cant be simulcast on FCS anymore

but not anymore. With the new college hockey changes North Dakota and UMD are both now part of the new NCHC (national college hockey conference) and they have an agreement with CBS SN for games. While Midco (the cable company) will carry all the home game of UND they cant be simulcast on FCS anymore

Thanks for that, Iceberg. That's an exciting development. I did not know that CBSSN had signed a deal with the NCHC. That does make me disappointed my Irish didn't join the NCHC, rather opting for Hockey East. Maybe I'll see them on NESN when they play one of the Boston teams and, of course, their obligatory appearances on NBCSN (no matter which conference they're a part of). Glad the NCHC has a TV contract. And I really do hope that the BTN steps up its College Hockey coverage now that they have their own conference. I'd be very disappointed if I didn't see the number of games they show double or triple with the new all BigTen Conference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)