Fox, Dish Network get extended stay of commercial skipping lawsuit

A tiny bit off topic :). Speaking of PTAT- do you have to record all shows across the 4 Networks at once or can you pick the shows that you want to record in the 8-11 pm timeframe? Seems like alot of deleting shows that you don't watch if you have to record all of them...
Thanks, Gerry

A tiny bit off topic :). Speaking of PTAT- do you have to record all shows across the 4 Networks at once or can you pick the shows that you want to record in the 8-11 pm timeframe? Seems like alot of deleting shows that you don't watch if you have to record all of them...
Thanks, Gerry
Not that I've seen, I've yet found a way to shut it off during a recording session.

But I know you can schedule it to only do certain networks, and certain days.

But I don't mind the PTA feature, I have one of my Hoppers set to do it, I barely have any interest in any of the shows, but I certainly don't care a thing about Auto Hop.

You don't have to delete PTAT shows. They will delete themselves after 8 days or whatever amount of days you select....

If you are only interested in certain shows you can set a series timer for each. Each show will be saved in My Recordings in addition to being saved in the PTAT folder. Shows in the PTAT auto delete after 8 days. You can adjust this as low as 2 days.

A tiny bit off topic :). Speaking of PTAT- do you have to record all shows across the 4 Networks at once or can you pick the shows that you want to record in the 8-11 pm timeframe?
PTAT is an all or nothing proposition.

You get all four channels as a single stream. I wouldn't be surprised if PTAT consumes less than 3 recordings worth of space.

PTAT is an all or nothing proposition.

You get all four channels as a single stream. I wouldn't be surprised if PTAT consumes less than 3 recordings worth of space.
You can turn off channels, but it would be off for the different days as well. For instance you can turn off abc but abc will be off all 7 days unless the settings are changed again. Same amount of space should be used as it is still just a single stream whether the channels are selected or not.

You can delete PTAT recordings and come back in through search 5 days later(for example) and find the show and play it from the search. As long as the PTAT time period hasn't expired.

If I remember correctly, when I initially set up PTAT, I was able to select which network and which day. I selected all four on Sunday through Friday.

As for ABC non-O&Os I agree that it's nice that the three day delay doesn't apply.

Last edited:
It's kind of sad that ALL electronics these days come without HARD COPY owners manuals, just the quick start guides. There would not be as many confusions/misconceptions. The average consumer will not take the time to go online and download the PDFs to find out more. On the same note, even when we had the "books", many never read/went through them.

It's kind of sad that ALL electronics these days come without HARD COPY owners manuals, just the quick start guides.

Yeah, and way way back in the early days, consumer electronics (at least from reputable manufacturers) came with a circuit diagram at the end of the owner's manual. Now, everything that fails is thrown out, rather than being repaired.

Yeah, and way way back in the early days, consumer electronics (at least from reputable manufacturers) came with a circuit diagram at the end of the owner's manual. Now, everything that fails is thrown out, rather than being repaired.
Have you looked inside of some of the modern gear? Surface-mounted components are difficult to replace at best and the repair parts channel drys up in a matter of months.

If I remember correctly, when I initially set up PTAT, I was able to select which network and which day. I selected all four on Sunday through Friday.
Selectable by network and days.
To clarify, you can't select "ABC and NBC on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday", "FOX on Friday", and so on. You can only de-select networks and days in their entirety. And to be honest, it would probably overly complicated any other way. As Chad mentioned above, it's still going to record ALL networks on the days selected anyway, so there's no hard drive space savings, just less clutter in the PTAT folder.

You can turn off channels, but it would be off for the different days as well.
I expect that the only thing that "turning off" PTAT channels effectively does is remove them from the PTAT program listing. I'd be willing to wager that they are in there somewhere.

I guess that one way to find out would be to turn a channel off for a few days and back on again and see if it recalls programs that were recorded when the channel was "off".

I agree. As mentioned before, shows that are PTAT'd and deleted can still be located in the search and watched from there, so I would assume the same for shows that are on the same transponder.

If one were to "move"?

722K EHD to HWS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)