Fox, Dish Network get extended stay of commercial skipping lawsuit

So now that it is Jan. 15th and the "extended stay" is over in this case will we be hearing a decision shortly? Or does the extended stay mean now the real legal battle begins and it could be months before a decision is made?

The main thing I love about my hopper is the PTAT feature. Being able to record all 4 main networks at one time using one tuner is genius to me. Makes that three tuner hopper like the equivalent of a 6 tuner dvr during prime time. Add the usb ota dongle and you get 7 channels during prime time that you can record. Add the super joey ,which I have done and you can add two more tuners so 9 channels at a time during prime time. The auto hop feature is nice ,but it isn't a deal breaker to me. Losing the 30 second skip would be a problem to me though.

There is a side benefit to this also,when I watch one of my satellite locals,ABC,NBC,Fox,CBS I am also watching the others(check out the TV Activity display) that results in higher number of viewers that normal for these networks only.

If Dish were to remove any of them, their viewership numbers would drop big,so because of Primetime Anytime and having these networks on one transponder, these networks owe Dish alot,I just wonder if Dish or the Networks on the one

transponder realize this little benefit.:oldwink

Reactions: MikeD-C05
It's not being recorded as being watched though, which kills that. The benefit I get from it for them, is I see shows I normally wouldn't think twice to stop and watch. That's how I got on Rookie Blue, and Chicago Fire.

Reactions: yelraek
There is a side benefit to this also,when I watch one of my satellite locals,ABC,NBC,Fox,CBS I am also watching the others(check out the TV Activity display) that results in higher number of viewers that normal for these networks only.

If Dish were to remove any of them, their viewership numbers would drop big,so because of Primetime Anytime and having these networks on one transponder, these networks owe Dish alot,I just wonder if Dish or the Networks on the one

transponder realize this little benefit.:oldwink
Dish is skipping commercials so ratings don't matter

If one were to "move"?

722K EHD to HWS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)