Fox Fort Wayne

that article is 9 months old and if you read the thread this is the NEW owner of Fox affiliate that has the dispute. They (Fox) pulled their programming off another channel in the market for that reason

again this is old news. Nexstar use to have the affiliation in FT Wayne of WFFT 55. They were dropped and are now on WISE-DT2 which is owned by Granite Broadcasting

Granite and Dish do not have an agreement yet but Granite does have an agreement with Directv already.

My guess is that Dish doesn't want to dedicate anymore HD capacity to Ft. Wayne locals. The smart thing to do would be to change WFFT 55 to SD, and WISE 33.2 (56 on Dish) to HD. Maybe Dish is contractually obligated to offer WFFT in HD? I still suggest getting an off-the-air module if you are close to Ft. Wayne and have a compatible DVR. I am 40 miles or so as the crow flies from Ft. Wayne, and with our cheap UHF outdoor antenna we can get all of their stations plus a bunch in Ohio. I can record any of those channels on our 722K.

well you guys might be happy.....**SOON**
uplink from today

5264(56) - WISED [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar14 119W TP 02 Spotbeam A12 (Mkt:Ft. Wayne, IN-Fort Wayne, IN-N/A) (NA)

Its not available yet but since its uplinked that is a good thing...maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, who knows

well that was quick
5264(56) - WISED [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 02 Spotbeam A12 changed to Available (H) (Mkt:Ft. Wayne, IN-Fort Wayne, IN-N/A)

The channel number (mapdown) doesnt make sense though.
Normally Dish uses the legit mapdown number. IN the case of a subchannel (as this is) they would use the digital number (what station the channel actually transmits on). In this case it would be 18.
But I guess folks in Ft Wayne wouldnt care if it was mapped to 2,3,12,25, or 69. They have their Fox affiliate in HD now

The channel number (mapdown) doesnt make sense though.
Normally Dish uses the legit mapdown number. IN the case of a subchannel (as this is) they would use the digital number (what station the channel actually transmits on). In this case it would be 18.

Since the local station generally has the say-so on where these channels get assigned - since FOX was previously on 55, maybe their thinking was it would be easier for subs to find the "new" FOX channel being adjacent to them on 56.

But as you point out, since their digital assignment is on 18, & since most stations want their channel#'s to be in as low of range as possible, making it the HIGHEST ch# instead, doesn't make sense to me, either... :confused:

Since the local station generally has the say-so on where these channels get assigned - since FOX was previously on 55, maybe their thinking was it would be easier for subs to find the "new" FOX channel being adjacent to them on 56.

But as you point out, since their digital assignment is on 18, & since most stations want their channel#'s to be in as low of range as possible, making it the HIGHEST ch# instead, doesn't make sense to me, either... :confused:

I thought the same thing - they chose 56 because we were used to looking for Fox programming on 55.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)