Fox HD in Philly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulyme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
New Jersey
Does anyone in the Philadelphia market get Fox HD New york. (ie not using an Off the Air Antenna)
Just Curious
Paulyme

Fox HD

Denman007 said:
I'm just outside of Philly and I get all but NBC at the moment.
I actually live in NJ near Philly and I get all networks but Fox in HD.
Paulyme

I live in the Allentown PA Area and get all networks (ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC) in HD (No off air Antenna being used). I just have D* with locals and the HD package.

I don't know why I can't get NBC...sometimes I think this whole HD crap is a joke.

Wavier this, wavier that. All BS in my book.

My HD Question of the day

Why is there such a variation within the same market area? :confused:
Why do I get all but fox hd by satellite, others get all but Nbc some get east and west. What is the solution? Do I call the HD eligability number and hope I get a generous CSR? Is there one answer?

Pauly :usa

I am outside philly and I get ABC,CBS, Fox I cant get NBC because even though I'm in the Philly DMA some station in Harrisburg claims I can receive there signal which I can not and denies my waivers. I have called and spoken to people there as well and they pretty much told me to fing bad according to them I should be able to get it OTA. So I just do not watch anything on NBC anymore.

minorthr said:
I am outside philly and I get ABC,CBS, Fox I cant get NBC because even though I'm in the Philly DMA some station in Harrisburg claims I can receive there signal which I can not and denies my waivers. I have called and spoken to people there as well and they pretty much told me to fing bad according to them I should be able to get it OTA. So I just do not watch anything on NBC anymore.

That's why this $hit is so stupid. You would think it's in their best interest to give it to you(wavier). IMO, we shouldn't even have to worry about $hit like that. The FCC wants everyone to go HD, but sometimes it's a joke. Yea, I'll go buy a $300 antenna so I can watch 1 channel that shows HD programming for 8 hours out of a week.

fo FCC and NBC.

Ok. I feel better now. Thanks. :)

I get all 4 networks and live in Lumberton, NJ. That's the next town south of Mount Holly inBurlington County.

How did you get it?

I live in Marlton, what did you have to do to get all the HDs. I get all but Fox
Pauly

About 45-50 miles northwest of Philly

With Directv I get

CBS E&W
NBC E (probably only E becuase I needed a waiver)
ABC E&W
Fox E&W

Hart5150 said:
With Directv I get

CBS E&W
NBC E (probably only E becuase I needed a waiver)
ABC E&W
Fox E&W

I wonder why I don't get West feeds when I leave prob 2 miles from you? I'm waiting for a waiver for NBC.

I wonder why I don't get West feeds when I leave prob 2 miles from you? I'm waiting for a waiver for NBC.

When I put my address in the DNS eligibility that use to be on the D website I get nothing but a grade b signal from WGAL 8 in Lancaster. But I had a waiver from them, since before locals were available. So I could get NBC from NY. My actual mailing address in in Mohnton, and because that stretches up to the Lancaster county line I believe that is why WGAL shows as a grade b.

Can you folks even recieve NYC with a good antenna?? My wife wants to move back to NJ - and that is the area we are looking at.

I found the method for getting fox HD in the philly market. :D
After failing a number of times myself, I had my wife call. It took her talking to 6 people but she did it. Finally. When she mentioned that a friend a mile away had it Dtv finally gave in.

Paul :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts