Fox HD News has been removed from the Turbo Packages!

Turbo Silver / local RSN

Checked a week ago and the price for Turbo Silver was $32.99...now its $39.99 + $5 for locals. Make ya wonder what the price will be next week!

It should be noted that Fox News HD and Fox Business HD do not appear on the website anywhere. Not on the "Classic" HD, nor the "Turbo" HD page. Everyone is making it sound like they pulled it off one and not the other.

Also, Smithsonian still appears on some pages.

The website doesn't mean jack.

Channel 102 lists 205 as a preview of a classic silver channel. I though it changed to Bronze and don't recall ever seeing a bronze channel on preview.

If authorizations are a hold up why not make the HD channel part of the preview, that way they can pull it from us HD absolute subs once they get the authorizations worked out.

Channel 102 lists 205 as a preview of a classic silver channel. I though it changed to Bronze and don't recall ever seeing a bronze channel on preview.

If authorizations are a hold up why not make the HD channel part of the preview, that way they can pull it from us HD absolute subs once they get the authorizations worked out.
C'mon, that makes too much sense :D

Here's some other stuff to consider.

-There were quite a few non Turbo subscribers who had problems when Fox HD first went live. There were people with AEP + HD who were showing it in red.

-There was never an uplink report that showed Fox Business HD being turned on. 2/2/09 at 5:22, both Fox News & Fox Business were uplinked. They were both listed as "Available" and "Hidden to non subscribers." No one could get either. A few hours later, at 8:18, the Fox News was "unhidden", and some people started receiving it.

But there have been no changes to Fox Business. It just started showing up to some people. I can't see it at all, even in red, but I don't subscribe to Gold. However, I can see the other Gold HD channels in red.

I'm pretty sure somebody just screwed something up technically. They may have pulled it off the website until it gets straightened out. It's possible someone jumped the gun, and nobody is supposed to be getting it yet. There are a lot of variables, and the only thing for sure is that they did not follow the usual uplink process.

I'm on a chat right now trying to get CI (It shows up on one of my receivers but not the other, no matter what I do) had this to say when I asked about the FOX News channels in HD:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](24DrDepT) Israel E. QQO: Ok, this is the e-mail we got yesterday.
(24DrDepT) Israel E. QQO: What about our TurboHD customers?

At this time, these channels are not available in our TurboHD programming.

So the website is messed up, the CSRs don't know anything, and the emails are all wrong. Whee!

More:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](24DrDepT) Israel E. QQO: This is the official statement right now for the HD channels.
(24DrDepT) Israel E. QQO: Thank you for calling about your TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More:
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](24DrDepT) Israel E. QQO: This is the official statement right now for the HD channels.
(24DrDepT) Israel E. QQO: Thank you for calling about your TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information.
[/FONT]
:eek:

A different answer by the hour from Dish!

I saw a programming notice regarding the Fox Channel Launches:
there is a disclaimer on the notice that says "Stay Tuned for announcements regarding availability in TurboHD programming packages."

It also states the Fox News Channel move to classic bronze (AT100) will be effective March 3rd, with the free (SD) preview running from Feb 4 - March 2.

Hmmm, I don't think Dish liked my letter to the "CEO". ;)

The wife just called and said that she keeps on losing the signal "no matter what channel" she turns to. Figures ... Wednesday night is a big recording night in our home ... I told her to just watch OTA for now directly from the TV and let the receiver do its thing. Maybe by the time I get home in an hour or so the receiver would have sorted itself out ...

No wonder Dish is losing subs. They make everything so complicated. Every other provider has simple easy to follow packages. Dish has multiple packages with multiple tiers that many, especially new subs, have a very difficult time deciphering. Package options are nice, but too many can be too confusing and too overwhelming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)