Fox HD News has been removed from the Turbo Packages!

So the moral of the story is ... at least for me ... is that the only thing you can count on when you sign up for a programming package is the channels that the package has at the time you sign up.

For future channels, there is no predictability at all that you will get a given channel because a version of the channel might be available in another package.

So basically, be happy with what you have and if you get more than that ... count yourself lucky ...

So the moral of the story is ... at least for me ... is that the only thing you can count on when you sign up for a programming package is the channels that the package has at the time you sign up.

For future channels, there is no predictability at all that you will get a given channel because a version of the channel might be available in another package.

So basically, be happy with what you have and if you get more than that ... count yourself lucky ...
uuuuh no They can take and add channels at will

This really upsets me, not because I care that much about Fox News but because of the precedent it sets for future HD channels. I was under the impressions by signing up for TurboHD + PlatinumHD that I would get every HD channel Dish has to offer except the premiums and sports pack channels. It scares me that they now will add HD channels but not add it for the HD only subs. What is the point of offering an HD only package if you are not going to add the HD channels.

So, for now, to get Fox News I would have to spend $18 more a month to upgrade to Classic 250 + GoldHD. Any thing else and I would loose some HD channels I have now.

So, is Dish abandoning the HD only packages already?

I've only been a sub since October so I do not have any loyalty built up yet and if they continue to add HD channels but exclude the HD only packages I will drop them.

This really upsets me, not because I care that much about Fox News but because of the precedent it sets for future HD channels. I was under the impressions by signing up for TurboHD + PlatinumHD that I would get every HD channel Dish has to offer except the premiums and sports pack channels. It scares me that they now will add HD channels but not add it for the HD only subs. What is the point of offering an HD only package if you are not going to add the HD channels.

So, for now, to get Fox News I would have to spend $18 more a month to upgrade to Classic 250 + GoldHD. Any thing else and I would loose some HD channels I have now.

I've only been a sub since October so I do not have any loyalty built up yet and if they continue to add HD channels but exclude the HD only packages I will drop them.

My worry, too. I could not care less about Fox News, but when Viacom and Comcast launch, there will be channels I care about.

I wouldn't even count on keeping what you have.

I hope we haven't already forgotten Smithsonian HD or locals in many markets...

My worry, too. I could not care less about Fox News, but when Viacom and Comcast launch, there will be channels I care about.

See HDRoberts, I didn't even have to wait a week as you predicted...

Why?

Because there is plentiful evidence Dish is in the process of adding Fox News and Fox Business HD. Thus, where are you Fox news HD? Uplinked on 129 and 61.5. Reopen it in a week if they are not fully available by then.

There are now several other threads on FNC HD and FBN HD.

Just giving you a hard time...:D

One would think that if they add a increase of $5-$10 to the Turbo Pak cost, that they would add the new channels in HD. Yesterday I saw Foxnews in Turbo Bronze on the website, today its not even in Silver or Gold. C'mon DISH stop pulling our cranks.

I am with you on this. I don't feel loyal whatsoever, and I too was expecting that as an HD only subscriber (Turbo Gold), I would receive any new HD that wasn't added to the platinum level (or was RSN, premium, etc.). I suppose it was a stupid assumption on our part.

I happen to be lucky enough to where I could afford to upgrade (or downgrade, depending on your view), but I am not stupid enough to pay more just to get two new HDs plus a slew of channels I will never, ever watch... Oh well. Shame on us, I guess...

Well, I just replied back to CEO to switch me from DDA TurboHD Gold, to DDA Classic Bronze 100 and BronzeHD. It saves me $5 more per month. It gives my kids Nickelodeon back. If in the future the TurboHD packages look more attractive, I can always switch back. I was looking forward to Versus in the playoff season of hockey ... might have to switch back around that time ... maybe by then Nick will be in HD and available in the TurboHD packages ...

So there you go Dish ... take that! You are now making $5 less! ... ;) :rolleyes:

Well, I just replied back to CEO to switch me from DDA TurboHD Gold, to DDA Classic Bronze 100 and BronzeHD. It saves me $5 more per month. It gives my kids Nickelodeon back. If in the future the TurboHD packages look more attractive, I can always switch back. I was looking forward to Versus in the playoff season of hockey ... might have to switch back around that time ... maybe by then Nick will be in HD and available in the TurboHD packages ...

So there you go Dish ... take that! You are now making $5 less! ... ;) :rolleyes:

I am glad to hear you took a stand, no matter how small the actual impact on the company will be. From where I stand I still find value in the Turbo Gold, but the price increase basically negated the surplus. I see no other HD only package available and will stick with it for now. Plus, I don't have kids so I don't need nick, but then again, if I got it in HD I would probably watch it for nostalgia :)

You know ... with all of the package name changes going on ... it makes me wonder if even the execs have TurboHD Bronze and BronzeHD confused ... :confused:

It shouldn't matter! To the best of my knowledge, there has NEVER been any mention anywhere that the TurboHD packages would vary whatsoever in HD channel content from the classic+HD packages. If dish has indeed made such a change, I would urge all customers affected to sue them! Simply stating in the contract that "channels are subject to change" should NOT excuse LYING BY OMISSION.

Like many others, I went on live chat to get an answer on this.

I was told that if I drop from my Classic 200 + SliverHD to a TurboHD Bronze DDA pack, I will lose the Fox News HD I have right now.

I asked if Fox News HD will be added to the Bronze TurboHD; and he gave me a definitive "we are always evaluating." He then said if they get enough requests to add it they will consider it. Interesting...

So I told him to put in a request from me!

So, who really knows what's going on behind the scenes, whether Fox and Dish have contract problems, or if there are just technical problems, or whatever. But it can't hurt for all of us to go crazy putting in requests to ceo@dishnetwork.com!

Dish: We're dropping Voom
Customer: I'm good
Dish: We're dropping Smithsonian
Customer: I'm Good
Dish: We're adding Fox News HD, but not to the HD Only Packs
Dish: AND, we are still raising your rates

Hmmm... Reminds me of something...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkgZFI4ZT0I]YouTube - Pepsi Max - I'm Good - Super Bowl 2009 Spot[/ame]

Just Downsized?

After watching this frenzy for several days, and experiencing the same frustrations of most posters, I've decided to bail on the Turbo Packages. An hour or so ago I went online with dish and traded in my Turbo Silver HD for Classic Bronze with Bronze HD. I lost a few HD channels in the process, but I haven't watched them since the conclusion of college football.

On the plus side, FNC-HD popped up right away! There are others in the Classic Bronze package, which we had been doing without, such as Headline News,CSPAN,and the music channels. The $5 net price increase might be worth it. I'll probably stay with this until football resumes.:rolleyes:

Well ... I "dropped" from DDA TurboHD Gold to DDA Classic Bronze 100 and BronzeHD. A $5 savings on my part.

In the end though ... if the "classic" and HD add on packages are the packages that Dish is going to add new HD too, then that is the package I want to have ...

I can always switch back to TurboHD if it gets more attractive.

I changed via chat ... they tried to charge me $5 ... I said no go ... they then said that because I was a "wonderful" customer they would waive the charge ... ;)

So there you go ... I am wonderful!

Hmmm ... if I was so wonderful ... why would they not give me new HD when I had the TurboHD package ... <sigh>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)