Fox network HD?

SeaWalker

Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Plain, Wa
So I'm pretty much satellite illiterate. Generally, I turn the TV on, it works and I'm happy with that. I recently found this website to fix a problem I had and started surfing around to learn more.

I have a VIP 622 DVR HD, 1 dish for the 110/119 and a seperate dish for 129. I have the HD package and I have never received FOX in HD. I get ABC, NBC, CBS in HD as well as all the other HD channels I expect to get. I just assumed that Dishnetwork didn't offer FOX in HD. From looking around here that doesn't seem to be the case.

So my question is: Why don't I get FOX in HD? Do I need to order it seperately, change/adjust something? I'm in the Seattle market in case that makes a difference.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you get the Seattle WA locals. Assuming that is correct there is a carriage issue with KCPQ (the local station and Dish haven't come to terms on being carried). So it is not available at this time. Not sure if it is available OTA or by other providers.

Obviously...

you can't pick up 13HD over-the-air from your location. Plus, you're probably experiencing HD picture loss on channels carried on the 129. If you are, the only solution is Directv.

OK thanks that explains it. I was starting to think that I was missing out on it.

Is there any forecast for it becoming available on Dish?

Maybe this is a question for a different forum (please let me know if it it), but where are the Dish and Direct satellites located in the sky relative to each other? I ask because when I bought this house about 7 years ago I had Direct but couldn't get the satellites due to mountains and trees (this was according to the installers who were literally drinking beer and had their dog running all over my property scratching holes in my screen door so it's possible they were just incompotent). It would be worth changing if it would work and if there was no prospect of Dish getting FOX HD.

Thanks

There's another thread on this subject but the bottom line appears to be neither side is moving. Tribune will speak on the subject- in fact there is a statement on their website about DISH- and DISH, as we all know, doesn't comment on anything. I write to both Tribune (KCPQ) and DISH CEO on a regular basis and suggest the Seattle area subs do the same. While I have no major complaints otherwise of DISH, failure to carry KCPQ in HD is a significant issue and, if not resolved in 8 months and 28 days (I shall be released from their contract then although their CSR said the termination penalty was $33 per month for every month I leave early so it may be worth it sooner than later), I will be forced to leave after 6 years. Not that DISH cares as evidenced by their underwhelming response. Funny way to run a business. Acknowledgement by DISH would go far to smooth down some ruffled feathers. If you do write CEO at DISH, I'd be curious as to what kind of response you get.

You guys have got it made! Down here (Montgomery, AL), I have NO access to any HD locals. We have to get HD locals OTA.

:(

I wish I could get OTA. Most of the Washington State posters with issues related to FOX Ch 13 aren't able to get OTA. Those pesky hills and mountains get in the way unless you're within 25 miles of Seattle.

lack of fox hd in seattle

I never watch fox in sea-tac because the sd pic quatlity is nil. One exception is the Seahawks games. And that is only because there is no choice. No over the air option in Sequim, mountains ya know.

Having said that, If Dish and Sea-Tac Fox can't get their sh**, stuff together, I am outa here. Dish goes bye-bye and Fox Seatlle too.

It's been what 2 or 3 years now? Pardon my francais, but, I say piss on both. I have too keep my eyeballs from bleeding trying to watch that piece of excrement KCPQ 13 sd.

I'm sick of this crap. I will no longer be a pawn in this game once my commitment to dish is up...6 mos to go

BTW Fox, I will not go to cable

I never watch fox in sea-tac because the sd pic quatlity is nil. One exception is the Seahawks games. And that is only because there is no choice. No over the air option in Sequim, mountains ya know.

Having said that, If Dish and Sea-Tac Fox can't get their sh**, stuff together, I am outa here. Dish goes bye-bye and Fox Seatlle too.

It's been what 2 or 3 years now? Pardon my francais, but, I say piss on both. I have too keep my eyeballs from bleeding trying to watch that piece of excrement KCPQ 13 sd.

I'm sick of this crap. I will no longer be a pawn in this game once my commitment to dish is up...6 mos to go

BTW Fox, I will not go to cable

So what exactly are you saying you're going to do here?

There's another thread on this subject but the bottom line appears to be neither side is moving. Tribune will speak on the subject- in fact there is a statement on their website about DISH- and DISH, as we all know, doesn't comment on anything. I write to both Tribune (KCPQ) and DISH CEO on a regular basis and suggest the Seattle area subs do the same. While I have no major complaints otherwise of DISH, failure to carry KCPQ in HD is a significant issue and, if not resolved in 8 months and 28 days (I shall be released from their contract then although their CSR said the termination penalty was $33 per month for every month I leave early so it may be worth it sooner than later), I will be forced to leave after 6 years. Not that DISH cares as evidenced by their underwhelming response. Funny way to run a business. Acknowledgement by DISH would go far to smooth down some ruffled feathers. If you do write CEO at DISH, I'd be curious as to what kind of response you get.

When i upgraded to a 722 last week, the csr told me the termination penalty was 13.33 per month, per each month left on the 18 month agreement.They might have been telling you 33 to keep you. Big difference 33 compared to 13.33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)