FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
osu1991

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I get all my locals in HD thru the cable line with my cox internet too, however im sure that will go away I the next year or so as they move everything to digital and require DTA's. Hoping not as I like to watch the high school football games on the cox channel

TNGTony

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
No cable modem gives you any channels on your TV. What he was talking about was that on many cable systems, when you get just internet service, you can split the cable going to the modem and connect it directly to a digital TV with a QAM tuner and get many channels in the clear. They usually consist of the most basic channels like locals, access and local sub-channels. But some systems have the entire basic tier in the clear.

kenny9966

kenny9966

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 6, 2004
Stillwater Oklahoma
wolfjc

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
I'd believe that deadline but there is no banners on Fox News website screaming DISH Customers anywhere....If it really was ending tonight there would be banners up by now. They probably did another extension or probably signed and have not released any PR yet.
When I was watching Foxnews this afternoon they had LOTS of adds warning that Dish may drop FNS.

zippyfrog

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'd believe that deadline but there is no banners on Fox News website screaming DISH Customers anywhere....If it really was ending tonight there would be banners up by now. They probably did another extension or probably signed and have not released any PR yet.

When I go to Foxnews.com, there is a big yellow and red banner at the top that says Dish Customers could lose Fox News at any time.

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Not there when I go to their site but there is a scrolling message on the channel.

primus420

primus420

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 15, 2014
wv
SD Channel is The Blaze now.

M

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 12, 2004
Even if you don't like Fox News, now is a great time to call Dish and demand at least $10-$25 credit for the next three months. I will call first thing tomorrow. Please post how much credit you got from Dish.

Tampa8

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
You better call now. Three letters, CBS..... :)

Reactions: satjay
MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Oh yeah! Time to call and demand my credit again. Maybe some more free premium channels too. Boy so far these disputes have lowered my bill pretty good. You can keep them up since I really don't care about the channels that they are taking off anyway.:bigok

Reactions: Tampa8
K

krauser1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just got $20/6 months! Original offer was $5/6 months and I flat out told the rep shut it off now. She counter with $20/6 months.

Called retention at 866-218-2297

Reactions: TheKrell
M

mitchflorida

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 12, 2004
On the phone now to Dish, trying to cancel. Lines are jammed. Big hold times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.