FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get all my locals in HD thru the cable line with my cox internet too, however im sure that will go away I the next year or so as they move everything to digital and require DTA's. Hoping not as I like to watch the high school football games on the cox channel

No cable modem gives you any channels on your TV. What he was talking about was that on many cable systems, when you get just internet service, you can split the cable going to the modem and connect it directly to a digital TV with a QAM tuner and get many channels in the clear. They usually consist of the most basic channels like locals, access and local sub-channels. But some systems have the entire basic tier in the clear.

I'd believe that deadline but there is no banners on Fox News website screaming DISH Customers anywhere....If it really was ending tonight there would be banners up by now. They probably did another extension or probably signed and have not released any PR yet.
When I was watching Foxnews this afternoon they had LOTS of adds warning that Dish may drop FNS.

I'd believe that deadline but there is no banners on Fox News website screaming DISH Customers anywhere....If it really was ending tonight there would be banners up by now. They probably did another extension or probably signed and have not released any PR yet.

When I go to Foxnews.com, there is a big yellow and red banner at the top that says Dish Customers could lose Fox News at any time.

Not there when I go to their site but there is a scrolling message on the channel.

Even if you don't like Fox News, now is a great time to call Dish and demand at least $10-$25 credit for the next three months. I will call first thing tomorrow. Please post how much credit you got from Dish.

Oh yeah! Time to call and demand my credit again. Maybe some more free premium channels too. Boy so far these disputes have lowered my bill pretty good. You can keep them up since I really don't care about the channels that they are taking off anyway.:bigok

Reactions: Tampa8
Just got $20/6 months! Original offer was $5/6 months and I flat out told the rep shut it off now. She counter with $20/6 months.

Called retention at 866-218-2297

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)