FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a question, why is it BS that the screen says FOX removed the channel?

Without a contract in place DISH can not legally broadcast it. FOX could have offered them an extension like CBS and Disney ESPN did, but they chose not to do so and thus the channels had to come down by law.

Called to kvetch about losing FoxNews and to downgrade away from the MultiSport Pak as I won't be able to watch the Red Zone channel this coming weekend and then it is off until September. It is the only channel I watch on that so it became useless to me. They gave me $35 off for three months, Blockbuster for half price for 6 months and offered half price on the MultiSport but I declined that one. Also complained about no RSN in NYC which may have helped boost the offer compared to what I have seen others get....

and if teehar lived in Wisconsin he has alot of cheese to go with all that whine.
Dang right,I pay good money for a service which dish is doing a poor job of providing.So yea,I have a right to complain . I'm sure you've never complained when getting shortchanged,purchasing something that didn't work as advertised etc.
Not a problem for me. Too many channels, not enough time!! :) And for those not on Dish, maybe, just maybe Charlie's harder line is making your bills not go up as much as they might. And also making it easier for others to strike a deal. Who knows?

The proof is in the pudding,dish bills are right on par with dtv whom also carries the most expensive sports package in the world,so how is it possible that dish is keeping our bills lower?The facts say it isn't working.
That's an old tired response to which the answer has been given with exact figures and examples.
Yep although skewed to your particular tastes.When skewed for my particular tastes the price was virtually the same.
Another knucklehead. Yes they could just pay whatever is being asked and then charge me $15 more than they do now like Direct TV would be for me. I agree however unless given a reason people don't need to be loyal. My reason is $180 savings a year and excellent receivers.

Real nice tampa,yespage slams me for saying drinking kool aid and you call someone a knucklehead,classy.

Again I say,if they aren't already paying what others are,then why is their pricing so close to the competition?We stand for you would have much more substance,if we didn't get $5-$15 in three consecutive years.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

"It takes two to tango" is a false equivalency. We know Fox rebranded channels already under contract. We know they wanted to change the contract. We know that Fox is now providing less than they were, yet want to up the rates for those rebranded channels. We know that Dish has often worked with other Channel owners to extend deals past deadlines (Disney, Turner, etc..) so subs still have access to the channels. Why is it that Dish is called out on this by mostly the FNC viewers?
Just a question, why is it BS that the screen says FOX removed the channel?

Without a contract in place DISH can not legally broadcast it. FOX could have offered them an extension like CBS and Disney ESPN did, but they chose not to do so and thus the channels had to come down by law.
How long was it past the deadline that Dish and Disney finally inked a deal? 10 months? No black out on ESPN for even a moment... just a never ending thread about it at SatGuys.

A couple of things.
I haven't called for credits because we don't watch FGox News. I might call and see if I can get credit for the Multisport since we don't get MSG.

Has Dish ever carried MSG? You are not entitled to a service credit for something they never carried.

Well I called and got $10.00 off for 3 months on my account and my Dad and Mom's account in my name and 3 FREE months of Cinemax/Starz/Showtime. Add all that to my $25.00 off for 6 months on our two accounts and 1/2 off HBO and FREE Showtime for one month previously in November for the Turner channel dispute and my bill has dropped pretty good. Keep the disputes coming ,because I'm saving the money. :clapping

I decided to back off from my plan to call and ask for credits for Fox and CNN. The information supplied by Somedishguy and Chad convinced me that Dish is not the bad guy in this face off. Too bad Dish doesn't communicate better with customers, though...

Reactions: Stormy_2021
Well I called and got $10.00 off for 3 months on my account...
For a pair of channels you never watch?

I suppose I'm a fool. Should have gotten the Roku and asked for money with the Turner and Fox disappearances.

It's always good to know who's cool with censoring information of which they do not approve.
You need to look up the word censorship and use it appropriately.

I decided to back off from my plan to call and ask for credits for Fox and CNN. The information supplied by Somedishguy and Chad convinced me that Dish is not the bad guy in this face off. Too bad Dish doesn't communicate better with customers, though...
Well they do say that it isn't their fault. Not certain what else Dish could say.

Reactions: ChadT41
Omigosh, no more Faux News recaps from my mother and father in law? say it isn't so...
My dad was actually angry about losing these two channels. He believes every word they say as he gets older. I say it is a sign of on coming dementia and possible alzheimer's disease . But funny, when I called to tell him that he was getting another $10.00 off for three months and FREE Cinemax/Showtime/Starz on top of the $25.00 for 6 months I got him for the CNN /Turner disputes, he quieted right down and said , well I guess I could watch CNN and CNBC instead for a few months if I save more money. The only thing he gets madder about then left/right political issues , is spending money. He acts like he is living in the Great Depression when he was born. :boom

You need to look up the word censorship and use it appropriately.

I'm quite comfortable with my knowledge and usage of the word. I'm not saying the loss of any channel for Dish customers is censorship. But I do believe that the couple members I quoted would be comfortable with actual censorship of Fox News due to their dislike of it.

(Edited due to a sloppy misattribution)

please bring back foxnews channels i am sick and tired of all these damn disputes all the time i just wish it was over already for god sake maybe if they can come to some agreement we could get their VOD channels added.

Reactions: Claude Greiner
Which part? Everything I post either comes from just what I have seen in the pat while working there, talking with friends there, or mostly from reading different articles throughout the Internet, and putting peices together. Only damn problem with that, is a lot of them are AP, and although a different news site, they are the exact same article.

please bring back foxnews channels i am sick and tired of all these damn disputes all the time i just wish it was over already for god sake maybe if they can come to some agreement we could get their VOD channels added.
FoxNews OD? Not sure that's one I would want to watch. Just bring it up on the iPhone really.

FoxNews OD? Not sure that's one I would want to watch. Just bring it up on the iPhone really.
video ondemand i should have said chad fox news and fox business channels actually have video ondemand channels that could be added.

video ondemand i should have said chad fox news and fox business channels actually have video ondemand channels that could be added.
Maybe a stream on a computer, not an OD like HBO has on the receiver, I hope is what you mean

Status
Please reply by conversation.