FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm quite comfortable with my knowledge and usage of the word. I'm not saying the loss of any channel for Dish customers is censorship. But I do believe that the couple members I quoted would be comfortable with actual censorship of Fox News due to their dislike of it.
Well, until they actually say that, you shouldn't attribute it to them.

What else would they ever say? No matter what, it will never be their fault. Ever. Just ask them.
And to others, everything will be Dish's fault regardless the circumstances, take the FNC issues we are dealing with currently.

Real nice tampa,yespage slams me for saying drinking kool aid and you call someone a knucklehead,classy.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

We use Knucklehead as term of endearment at work, in no way do we there or do I mean it as something derogatory. Definitely apologize if it offended.

Maybe a stream on a computer, not an OD like HBO has on the receiver, I hope is what you mean
no they add their content or their shows ondemand channel like abc or nbc and we currently have ondemand like the blaze tv has one whch we have on our hopper with sling

I imagine that since I got a six month credit for CNN along with free Cinemax and Starz, I was only offered a one time $10 credit.

We use Knucklehead as term of endearment at work, in no way do we there or do I mean it as something derogatory. Definitely apologize if it offended.

Where do you work? The Miami Dolphins locker room?

Reactions: bellevuecoug
"First of all, I'm personally thrilled that these channels are not available because I HATE them and feel very strongly that they are part of what is wrong with our society these days."

How much closer can you get to overtly supporting censorship? "...thrilled that they're not available..." I'm curious if he would suddenly be less thrilled if it were the government that made Fox News unavailable.

Well, they'd be better informed.

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.com/2014/10/the-facts-are-in-viewers-of-fox-news.html

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Perhaps if we get Fox news back on Dish, you might enjoy watching it.
I've watched it. I do occasionally enjoy it, as well. But, probably for different reasons than you do.

I think you will find that in this century you can get quality content from attractive anchors which are more than adequate to provide you with news and information.
I don't care one way or another about the attractiveness or lack thereof of the news anchors on a news broadcast. That was my point.

I assume though that your mind is made up on this channel already. If I have assumed incorrectly about you as you have about me, well shucks golly gee, I'm sorry.
I have only assumed that you like getting your news from "hotties", and are upset they are gone from your Dish lineup, because that is what you specifically stated.

Personally, I don't miss Fox News, and I wouldn't miss MSNBC if it left, either. I only barely missed CNN as it is the closest to an actual news channel, but only barely. (HLN used to be a good fallback before it became the Nancy Grace channel.)

I wish AJ America was in HD. Or, better yet, bring CNN International back. That is far closer to the original CNN than CNN. At least, it used to be that way. Maybe it's a POS feature-filled romp through Hollywood, Ebola, and missing planes now too.

I agree with you 100%.... To bad people don't see how there being played....

Exactly and it's almost all media now days, everything is blown out of proportion!

Remember the Sochi Olympics, I know the US media hates Russia but all the made up drama about bathroom problems etc was ridiculous. Almost all turned out to be fake.

People are so naive now days....

The only thing that upsets me about the fights is beside us losing channels are people screaming from the top of the hills (most of them who DO NOT subscribe to DISH) that Charlie has done them wrong. And those who don't want to honor their contract and will do anything to get out. I don't know I have always been a man of my word and if I sign a contract I honor it. Now that I am out of contract I however am free to do as I wish, and if you are out of contract and want to switch providers then god bless you, no one blames you as you need to go where the programming is you want to watch... there is nothing wrong with that at all.
Stop being so reasonable. This is the Internet.

Reactions: dare2be and ChadT41
When the next increase hits I am dropping down to AT 200. I can get along fine without the Encore channels
I've dropped down to AT120 from AT120+, and to AT120+ from AT200 before that, and to AT200 from AT250 before that. I only have 1H/1J system. (The guestroom already had its cord cut, with only OTA and Roku now.)
At this point, it's a matter of "should I stay or should I go". I'll stay for the time being. Let's see how 2016 price increases go.

Where do you work? The Miami Dolphins locker room?

Another that just doesn't get humor.If I say it is meant in endearment than maybe that is based on something???????

It is a term used by Bill Murray and people use it as he did on Saturday Night Live, while rubbing the head of someone with the knuckles. Never in anger or in any other way than friendly.
http://www.billmurraystory.com/2014/working-bill-murray-pizza-joint/

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/77/77dcontest.phtml

http://www.who2.com/blog/2012/08/signs-of-bill-murray

So....you choose your source of news and information based on the attractiveness of the newsreaders?

I hope you don't choose your doctors or elected officials that way.

You are foolishly assuming that those watching CNN/FoxNews/MSNBC are getting any news & information at all.

The ONLY reason to ever watch Fox News is the attractiveness of the newsreaders....

The big question is, what is everyone getting for free today? Me, nothing. I just don't see the point. As i said earlier i don't follow the news on TV. I find that a discount would be cheating the system. Free premiums? Let's just say i have me ways to get the premiums sans Dish.
Isn't that also "cheating the system"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)