FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hilarious. When they dropped CNN, there were posters in that thread saying Dish would never drop Fox News Channel, it has too many viewers. LOL, wrong.
Hilarious. When did Dish drop Fox News? LOL, not wrong yet, if ever.

Reactions: Tampa8
To answer a couple of posts, yes I really think people will drop DISH over Fox News, much more so than some other channels. Channels like Fox News, USA, TNT and some others have to be available or people will switch. On top of that, far less people will ever sign up with DISH once it's known they don't have Fox News.
True. The cult following effect is powerful.

Reactions: Tampa8
Yes, they did, temporarily. Don't you remember the replacement channels that were put in place for CNN and HLN?

Remember, anything that happens is the direct result of Fox trying to screw all of us and overcharge us on every other channel.

Of course, as it was with CBS I have never said differently, but my answer is the same for both of those. What are the alternatives to Fox News? Do you think there is an alternative to ESPN? (Hint - so far there isn't) Why do I bring that up? Notice ESPN and for all purposes CBS didn't go dark while so many other channels like CNN did. That's because like Fox News they are dealing from a position of strength and Charlie is far from stupid. If channels are way out of line in cost or are balking at digittal rights of all carriers DISH would be the one to stand their ground, but there are some that DISH will certainly bend a little more to keep especially if they are close in negotiations.

I'm not a huge political guy, but to be honest 24/7 news is bullsh't. Anything that is immersed all day every day is going to be laced with filler. Therefore, i don't use the TV for news. F(orget) them all.

Along those lines even what would be minor stories get blown out of proportion. They all do that.

Reactions: The Fat Man
When can I call up Dish for my $25 x 3 month discount when Fox News gets blacked out? Can I call today or do I have to wait?

Reactions: bwexler
When can I call up Dish for my $25 x 3 month discount when Fox News gets blacked out? Can I call today or do I have to wait?
Ummmmm.....it actually has to go dark first. God forbid is might not!

Ummmmm.....it actually has to go dark first. God forbid is might not!
Yeah, I was disappointed CBS was only gone for a few hours. Didn't have time to call and get any deals. Was hoping for a credit and OTA adapter;).

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)