FOX NEWS CHANNEL HD 10/17 6 am

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Watching this morning, I've noticed a very slight audio/video sync problem using my HR20-100 connected via component to RPTV with audio going to AV receiver.
Anyone else notice this?

The F&F Saturday was full screen, but the business discussions have the wing.

i noticed it too last night. it comes and goes.

I woke up at 7:30AM EST and turned on my TV. I had turned it to 360 sometime before going to bed and it was in HD. So this AM it was SD. I had to change the channel and change back to 360 again to get the HD version. I was scared for a minute like they took it away from us. I have SD duplicates turned off in my custom guide. Why would it just switch me to the SD feed but still display HD, forching me to change the channel and change back to get the wide screen Fox and Friends in HD?

Odd, isn't it?

I woke up at 7:30AM EST and turned on my TV. I had turned it to 360 sometime before going to bed and it was in HD. So this AM it was SD. I had to change the channel and change back to 360 again to get the HD version. I was scared for a minute like they took it away from us. I have SD duplicates turned off in my custom guide. Why would it just switch me to the SD feed but still display HD, forching me to change the channel and change back to get the wide screen Fox and Friends in HD?

Odd, isn't it?
I think the SD duplicates selection just removes them from the guide. You should still remove the SD from the Favorites list. In my case I had created a Favorites that was all HD channels with a few SD sprinkled in, FNC one of them. I had to add FNCHD to that favorites list and remove the SD version.

The sync is still noticable.

Will the audio sync problem ever be fixed? UGH!

I just keep switching my HDMI switch to a different mode and back to the DirecTV HD-DVR and it fixes the problem. Maybe my switch is smart enough to auto sync the voices to the mouths. But that has always fixed it on the occasion prior to Fox News HD when getting it was a rarity. Now it happens all the time, but switching the switch fixes it every time. I think when I change channels away from Fox News HD and back to it, that is when it goes out of sync.

The Wing's got to go!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to see more full screen hd. O' Reilly last night is not even 4:3 hd. The only true hd I saw was Fox and Friends.

I totally agree with you tigerfan33.
Caution, you are about to enter the no-spin zone.

The wing is steeling my real estate. It's distracting. It's annoying. It's got to go.
If I wanted to watch constant text messages I would watch QVC.
What the heck were they thinking. 25% of the screen is like a pop-up add that I have no control over. Imagine if your PC decided one day to take 25% of your screen no matter what application you used.
I can't believe no one else has said anything about the wing being distracting.
I admit I am a right wing guy but this right wing is just a distracting thing.
Don't be a lemming, write to FNC and tell them the Wings got to go!
:cool:

I totally agree with you tigerfan33.
Caution, you are about to enter the no-spin zone.

The wing is steeling my real estate. It's distracting. It's annoying. It's got to go.
If I wanted to watch constant text messages I would watch QVC.
What the heck were they thinking. 25% of the screen is like a pop-up add that I have no control over. Imagine if your PC decided one day to take 25% of your screen no matter what application you used.
I can't believe no one else has said anything about the wing being distracting.
I admit I am a right wing guy but this right wing is just a distracting thing.
Don't be a lemming, write to FNC and tell them the Wings got to go!
:cool:

I thought the complaining would stop once we got Fox News HD. I think most of us are just happy to have it. Let's not get too picky here. The wing isn't the end of the world. Sure O'Reilly's show would look better without it like Fox and Friends. But let's not rock the boat here. You can always watch the SD channel if the wing is too distracting. haha.

Looks like the voice does sync much better nowadays...finally fixed that issue.
It use to be about .5 seconds delay.

Sigh...stuck in a contract with Dish with little to no hope of watching election results on Fox News HD...double sigh.

Hopefully us unlucky Dish subscribers will get to watch election coverage on Fox in 2012.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts