FOX NEWS CHANNEL HD 10/17 6 am

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The HD picture quality does bring the best out in the women that work on Fox

I noticed the "wing" is there now.

I hope in the future it will be full screen on more programs.

I noticed the "wing" is there now.

I hope in the future it will be full screen on more programs.

I'll bet the debates filled the whole screen :)

I am so glad we got this before the actual election day. That is the biggest news event of the year (pending any natural or man-made disaster)

I'll bet the debates filled the whole screen :)

I am so glad we got this before the actual election day. That is the biggest news event of the year (pending any natural or man-made disaster)

This year's election might very well be a "man-made disaster." Anywho, it will look great in HD. :hungry:

It's funny that the TV Listings on D* web site does not show Fox News in HD as this was the way we originally learned that it would be coming to D*.

Fox N Friends was HD and the PQ was great.

America's Newsroom with Megyn Kelly had the wing. The in studio shots were 4:3 and not in HD.

Happening Now at 11am is in HD with the wing.

Last edited:
One program had the wing this morning and another one was full screen.

Fox and Friends, the morning show from 6-9 didn't have the wing and was full screen. Everything since has had the wing.

Yes, the wing is the same as Fox Business with different info as the other poster said.

Fox N Friends was HD and the PQ was great.

America's Newsroom with Megyn Kelly had the wing. The in studio shots were 4:3 and not in HD.

Happening Now at 11am is in HD with the wing.

Yes, Fox and Friends looked good. Even Steve Douchey remote from The Villages in FL was shot in HD. The good news is that it is more than just the studio stuff in HD.

The Villages footage appeared SD from my end.

You must have been watching from your SD set... just kidding.

The first thing I saw when I turned it on was a close up of Steve Douchey. I am sure he was in HD, as he has never looked so clear. The old people behind him were clear too. I am pretty sure that remote shot was HD.

If not, I was so overwhelmed with the fact that we finally got Fox News HD that I thought he was in HD. That is possible but unlikely.

I can clarify fox news hd was definately in hd. My samsung ln40a550 said it was 1080i when I turned to the channel. And it doesn't look like they were using strech-o-vision.....

And my samsung is an excellent way to tell tv resolution, since it's a monitor as well, and tells me anytime a resolution is changed ;)

I can clarify fox news hd was definately in hd. My samsung ln40a550 said it was 1080i when I turned to the channel. And it doesn't look like they were using strech-o-vision.....

And my samsung is an excellent way to tell tv resolution, since it's a monitor as well, and tells me anytime a resolution is changed ;)

The channel is actually broadcast's in 720P

Screen Caps...

Attachments

• FNCHD.JPG
    FNCHD.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 206
  • FNCHD1.JPG
    FNCHD1.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 205
  • FNCHD2.JPG
    FNCHD2.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
To be fair and balanced, the left wing will be liberal and the right wing will be conservative. :haha

It would be really funny if MSNBC went HD and copied the HD wing Fox is using, putting it on the left side of the screen with the regular video on the right side. That would be good clean humor and over the heads of so many.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)