Fox News HD Up and Running

All your opinion. Does not make it true. CNN at night has shows similar to FOX they just get killed in ratings. I don't know where you get more people think of CNN when they think 24 hour news. Seems like another political opinion to me.:rolleyes:

Well, I'm not sure if ever was a scientific poll done, but I don't find the prospect of the general public thinking of one cable news organization over another IN GENERAL to be purely opinion of one person. Rather, that would be the opinion of the majority. CNN certainly has brand recognition.

Seems it's your OPINION about Fox News influencing where you think it should be placed.

I watch FoxNews all the time, but I did not turn in for the election coverage because I would have rather watched it somewhere else in HD.
So, when it comes to who has the best content you watch Fox, but if everyone is showing exactly the same thing, you'll switch to whoever has the best picture and sound. I got it. Why not watch a local channel? Aren't those in HD too?

But most people don't watch cable news in prime time, either, when nothing is going on.
Well, apparently that's not true either. At least in the cable world.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/Cable%20Time%20Period%20Rank%20-%20Week%20of%201-26-09%20(Live+SD).pdf

cableRatings.png

Seems it's your OPINION about Fox News influencing where you think it should be placed.
My opinion is that a channel that is the #2 cable channel (not the #2 cable NEWS channel, but the #2 cable channel) should be in the most basic of packages. Or at least be in the same (or better) package as the one that's number 15. I'm glad that FINALLY, it is.

What programming package do you have?

AT 250 +GoldHD + Platinum HD w/ locals (SD only, but that's another story)

I had to call tech support and he re-authorized the channel package for the 622 and performed another check swtch and all is good. The 612 picked it up, no problem. So, I finally figured out that it had to be the 622. Thanks.

I've got HD Absolute and am currently getting Fox News. However, it doesn't appear to be an HD picture and the guide info doesn't show it to be 'HD' as it does on all the other HD channels.

Went online to make sure I'm still in the Absolute package and I am. Anybody else with Absolute getting Fox SD now?

I have Absolute too, but FoxHD shows in Red in the 9000s and is free preview SD on the 200s... Weird, I have a new HD channel... CI-HD that was added...but not Fox HD? Oh well, not a big Fox news person anyway, just like creeping out people and having them see Shephard Smith in HD would have been fun!

I called tech support today to find out why I have FOX Buisness HD on my 722 but not my 222k and I only have FOX News SD on both receivers, I have Turbo Gold HD and Platinum HD. I was told I was getting Fox News SD because of the free preview this month and that I should not be getting Fox Buisness HD at all with Turbo Gold HD, I need to have Gold HD?????

I called tech support today to find out why I have FOX Buisness HD on my 722 but not my 222k and I only have FOX News SD on both receivers, I have Turbo Gold HD and Platinum HD. I was told I was getting Fox News SD because of the free preview this month and that I should not be getting Fox Buisness HD at all with Turbo Gold HD, I need to have Gold HD?????

Yes that's apparently the deal. The Turbo HD subs are not supposed to be getting either HD feed, only the Classic subs with the HD add-ons. Classic Bronze with HD and above get Fox News HD and Classic Gold with HD also get Fox Business HD. Turbo HD customers get Fox News SD becaue it is on preview this month. No one here understands why this is so, nor can we explain why to you. There are reports of scattered Turbo HD customers with the HD channels though. In summary, all this could be by design, due to a technical glitch, or some other reason. E* hasn't been very forthcoming as is usually the case with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)