Fox News HD Up and Running

If you don't like a post, don't read it.. why take the time to respond... oh.. I know, you want a response so you can say something else?

I run a forum, have for over a decade... trust me, it's this sort of BS that makes people GO AWAY...

Do you have an email address so I can ask you permission before I post again..

:rolleyes:

James, is that you!?!?!? ;)
what forum is that again? I just want to make sure I don't stumble onto it sometime... :rolleyes:

I have the everything package and the gold and platinum hd. My foxnws hd is still red and not down converted. I wll check again tommorrow; rather watch hd hockey right now.

Same situation today. Called E* and got a tech rep. He rehit my address and about 3 minutes later I had both hd channels and their mapdowns. He had no explanation as what caused the original problem. We were both happy the rehit worked.

That wouldn't have anything to do with CNN being in 2 million + more households would it?

Probably not.

I'm curious to see what happens to the ratings now that Fox is on AT100.

I watch FoxNews all the time, but I did not turn in for the election coverage because I would have rather watched it somewhere else in HD.

I still don't have Fox News in HD. It seems since I have a work order out to upgrade my locals to HD, they can't authorize any changes yet. I am sure they have authorized the price increase though. About had it with DN!
If they had not messed up my work order 2 weeks ago, I would have had my locals in HD by now. With all the bad weather in Cincy, they can't get on my roof to complete the work. When this fiasco is over, the retention people will be hearing from me.

I still don't have Fox News in HD. It seems since I have a work order out to upgrade my locals to HD, they can't authorize any changes yet. I am sure they have authorized the price increase though. About had it with DN!
If they had not messed up my work order 2 weeks ago, I would have had my locals in HD by now. With all the bad weather in Cincy, they can't get on my roof to complete the work. When this fiasco is over, the retention people will be hearing from me.

K have fun in the D* forum.

I've got HD Absolute and am currently getting Fox News. However, it doesn't appear to be an HD picture and the guide info doesn't show it to be 'HD' as it does on all the other HD channels.

Went online to make sure I'm still in the Absolute package and I am. Anybody else with Absolute getting Fox SD now?

I've got HD Absolute and am currently getting Fox News. However, it doesn't appear to be an HD picture and the guide info doesn't show it to be 'HD' as it does on all the other HD channels.

Went online to make sure I'm still in the Absolute package and I am. Anybody else with Absolute getting Fox SD now?

Check channel 102. It's a free preview:D

Came home from work and 612 is still OK. 622 not showing HD versions. Had to call Dish after hard reboot and check switch. Technician had to re-authorize programming on 622 and we did a check switch and that finally got it straightened out. So, some of you may need to do the same. He had no explaination as to why one receiver updated automatically and the other didn't.
He did give me some interesting info about my locals in HD. I will wait and see about that bit of info. Don't want to start unsubstantiated rumors here.:cool:

Came home from work and 612 is still OK. 622 not showing HD versions. Had to call Dish after hard reboot and check switch. Technician had to re-authorize programming on 622 and we did a check switch and that finally got it straightened out. So, some of you may need to do the same. He had no explaination as to why one receiver updated automatically and the other didn't.
He did give me some interesting info about my locals in HD. I will wait and see about that bit of info. Don't want to start unsubstantiated rumors here.:cool:

What programming package do you have?

I'm not trying to convince anyone here to share my opinion about FNC's political position relative to the middle. In fact I haven't even declared what that opinion is. I simply stated that I prefer Fox News. Furthermore it's not my goal to have a neutral, or even average, opinion.

I agree with you that you believe CNN is the closest to being a neutral TV journalism benchmark.

I checked my Dish Network statment. My programming package is now referred to as "Absolute HD" with Locals. Right now my guide has it highlighted in RED. I hope that changes and I get access to Fox without losing other channels I already have and like. If not, then I'll just have to get over it.

It is good to hear that Fox will be placed in the basic tier, though. Then people who believe Fox is closest to being a neutral TV journalism benchmark can have it without paying extra to get it. Or better yet we can have CNN and FNC on a level field keeping each other in check. Competition could bring out the best in both parties.

There is no competition between FNC and CNN.

Once in awhile with breaking news CNN will get close to FNC or will beat it sometimes cause they are an older more established brand to the general public.

That guy that said CNN spanked FNC on election night. DUH!! A Democratic year with Obamamania CNN better beat FNC. They also beat FNC on Inauguration Day as to be expected.

This is the typical ratings day for the cable news networks lol.

fncjv9.jpg

There is no competition between FNC and CNN.

Once in awhile with breaking news CNN will get close to FNC or will beat it sometimes cause they are an older more established brand to the general public.

That guy that said CNN spanked FNC on election night. DUH!! A Democratic year with Obamamania CNN better beat FNC. They also beat FNC on Inauguration Day as to be expected.

This is the typical ratings day for the cable news networks lol.

The part of your statement I bolded was the exact point I was trying to make. CNN is the more established brand of cable news net, thus people expect it in the most basic of packages. Fox News service a very large, but still niche audience, and thus, to me, fits better on a higher package.

Yes, Fox News gets higher ratings from a select audience of conservative news junkies. But more think of CNN when they think 24-hour news, it's just they don't watch news that much. Sort of like Nixon's silent majority.:)

Of course, you people also have to realize that tier placement do NOT have a direct correlation with ratings. Yeah, a lot of higher rated cable networks are in lower packs, but Dish would like to get a few in the upper tiers to get more people to sign up for higher packs.

And, not to get too political, I don't think politics had much to do with CNN winning. No one went in to the coverage knowing who would win.I haven't found the numbers, but I'd bet CNN won (among cable) in 2000 and 2004, too

The part of your statement I bolded was the exact point I was trying to make. CNN is the more established brand of cable news net, thus people expect it in the most basic of packages. Fox News service a very large, but still niche audience, and thus, to me, fits better on a higher package.

Yes, Fox News gets higher ratings from a select audience of conservative news junkies. But more think of CNN when they think 24-hour news, it's just they don't watch news that much. Sort of like Nixon's silent majority.:)

Of course, you people also have to realize that tier placement do NOT have a direct correlation with ratings. Yeah, a lot of higher rated cable networks are in lower packs, but Dish would like to get a few in the upper tiers to get more people to sign up for higher packs.

And, not to get too political, I don't think politics had much to do with CNN winning. No one went in to the coverage knowing who would win.I haven't found the numbers, but I'd bet CNN won (among cable) in 2000 and 2004, too

All your opinion. Does not make it true. CNN at night has shows similar to FOX they just get killed in ratings. I don't know where you get more people think of CNN when they think 24 hour news. Seems like another political opinion to me.:rolleyes:

What programming package do you have?

so i have turbohd gold .. and no fox news hd or fbn Hd either

i just got off the phone with tech support and they told me they would not be available for these packages..yet i read they should be. Whats the deal here ::/

CNN at night has shows similar to FOX they just get killed in ratings.

But at night there is no news.

There are shows that specifically state they are opinion and not new, like O'Reilly and Hannity followed by Greta which is mostly human interest stuff like Caylee Anthony. MSNBC has similar strong opinion with Hardball, Olberman and Maddow.

HNN has Nancy Grace tabloid LCD. CNN has Larry King interviewing any celebrity about anything and AC360 is more opionion and light humor.

News is only found earlier.

Had to have the exact done for me as I was initially blocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts