FOX NEWS in HD, when?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wikipedia:

On May 1, 2008, Fox News launched a high definition channel simulcast. Time Warner has agreed to carry this channel in parts of New York and Texas, [16] though rollout to other providers is expected to go slowly.

This was the first time I had seen this format. They are playing with potential HD formats.

They are already on the air in some markets. Why would they play with potential formats after they go live? I think any screenshots we are seeing are their actual format in use rather than something they are toying with.

edit-- oh wait, you are referring to the three boxes, as opposed to the actual screenshots of Fox News HD floating around... my bad.

They are already on the air in some markets. Why would they play with potential formats after they go live? I think any screenshots we are seeing are their actual format in use rather than something they are toying with.

edit-- oh wait, you are referring to the three boxes, as opposed to the actual screenshots of Fox News HD floating around... my bad.

It is ironic because Time Warner is carrying FOX NEWS HD right now and I just switched from TW to D so I could get more HD channels.

So I hope D adds this soon!

It's like changing lanes in rush hour: your old lane always speeds up as soon as you move over, and the new lane moves slower than the old lane. :p

So its basically August now and still no news on D* adding FOX NEWS HD. :mad:

What is the deal??

I am starting to think about going back to Time Warner as it seems D* is not living up to the hype about keeping up the most HD channels.

Time Warner is adding channels frequently here and I can also get phone/broadband/cable all together for about the same price as just my D* bill every month.

wait,wait,wait...........tired of waiting
then all u do get is RSN BS or added to another tier for more money

Maybe they are trying to fix the issues they created when they were short on bandwidth first:

• MPEG2 HD -> MPEG4 HD
  • Getting rid of the wierd sharing arrangement between RSNs and PPV

It would seem that they decided to listen to the complaints that have been here for months and months and months: fix what you have before adding more.

I don't know if this has even been speculated, since we know E* has on-going dispute with FOX which is why E* still does not carry some of the FOX HDs, but could this dispute also make D* not able to add this FOX News HD until the dispute is over?

I remember when FCC let Rupert Murdock buy D*, he had to agree to some restrictions mostly related to FOX and mostly related to DBS market. Speculation only.

People who think that one or the other news network shouldn't be allowed to be seen are, IMO, just plain ignorant stupid idiots. :)

Having diverse news sources is what we need to make informed decisions.

You are absolutely correct. We all need to remember that while ABC, NBC and CBS seem to lean towards the left sometimes, it's a good thing to have FOX step in and represent the right by pointing out that the Obama's enjoy the occasional "Terrorist Fist Jab". :p

Is FOX NEWS HD going to be one of the channels added or not?

If it is not added I think my D* sub is going to get cancelled and I'm going to Time Warner which is so much cheaper and they have had FOX NEWS HD for months now.

IMO They can keep FOX NEWS off all together.

Please keep your personal political prejudices out of this thread. This thread is for discussion of when D* is going to add FOX NEWS HD.

I am sure there are many political forums you can take this sort of rant to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)