Fox News is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Dish will from time to time when issuing discounts require you (* with acknowledgement ) to keep the base package you have @ the time of discount issuance ,
To continue the discount for the duration ( fact ) .
Other than that.. (??? ) ..

I believe these instances are where you sign up for a discount as a new user and if you drop out of the qualifying group, you naturally loose the discount, such as if you get new sub discounts at AT200 and drop to the Welcome Pack, which not a qualifying package for new customer discounts, or if you get HBO for half price then drop it.

But discounts handed out for being a loyal customer or because Dish was in a dispute are not tied to a new 24 month commitment, never have been.

I believe you two are dueling over different women.

Reactions: Tampa8
I have been gone for the last week, and may have missed some stuff. I actually won't be back fully til Monday when I land back in Az, so please pardon any ignorance in this statement/remark//question

About 2 1/2 years ago, dish did offer something like a $10/15 credit for 6-12 months with an online acceptance of a new 12 month commitment. They stopped forcing the commitment because in their words, it was to easy for people to dispute, and the commitment cost more than what it was worth. Also, it led to people not feeling valued if they were "forced" to stay for their loyalty. Literally this lasted less than 6 months I beleive.

As far as anything any chat agent says(especially when told it is only to answer a BS argument on a third prty site(even though it works closely with Dish), I would not beleive. I don't care if they told me the sky was blue, unless they could prove it somehow and I can see it with my own eyes, I feel they are full of it. They do serve a specific purpose, however, but to settle ones arguments is not one of them.

Lastly, if they started doing commitments for credits, it would shock the hell out of me. Business wise on paper, it makes sense. Putting it into practice, and with this many major takedowns, it is completely impractical, and their suits know this. It's already tried and true. Now again, I am not saying any party is wrong, but is very very unlikely that they require commitments for credits alone, and for 6 months only as well. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if you upgraded to maybe a hopper a year and half ago(or something of the nature) and now only have 6 months remaining. I don't know your situation so I will not say that's what you did, but with all evidence presented, that sounds more likely.

Dish will from time to time when issuing discounts require you (* with acknowledgement ) to keep the base package you have @ the time of discount issuance ,

I believe these instances are where you sign up for a discount as a new user and if you drop out of the qualifying group, you naturally loose the discount, such as if you get new sub discounts at AT200 and drop to the Welcome Pack, which not a qualifying package for new customer discounts, or if you get HBO for half price then drop it.

But discounts handed out for being a loyal customer or because Dish was in a dispute are not tied to a new 24 month commitment, never have been.

I believe you two are dueling over different women.

History:
Not a new user here
( way out of commitment and have been
250 since sign up & w/o change including HBO sho and Bb --- only change EVER is addition of multi sport during football season & removed after ball)

But I was called drunk and I made it all up. ( character assassination)
I attempted to prove different and lord have mercy.. Denial became evident.
Crazy.
I thought this place was better than the Dbs place and the blind defenders of DirecTV faith.. But..???? Learning .

I'm thinking the rep here or super will find his reference to " last couple of months and the " new button" may have the answer.

Maybe because I had BB , sho, and multi sport half off @ the time has something in the stir also.

Regardless its real .

History:
Not a new user here
( way out of commitment and have been
250 since sign up & w/o change including HBO sho and Bb --- only change EVER is addition of multi sport during football season & removed after ball)

But I was called drunk and I made it all up. ( character assassination)
I attempted to prove different and lord have mercy.. Denial became evident.
Crazy.
I thought this place was better than the Dbs place and the blind defenders of DirecTV faith.. But..???? Learning .

I'm thinking the rep here or super will find his reference to " last couple of months and the " new button" may have the answer.

Maybe because I had BB , sho, and multi sport half off @ the time has something in the stir also.

*****No term commitment ...to be clear.
Just keep base pack the same*********

Regardless its real .

++++-------------++++
I believe these instances are where you sign up for a discount xxxxxx and if you drop out of the qualifying group, you naturally loose the discount, such as if you get new sub discounts at AT200 and drop to the Welcome Pack,

Hey! And thank you. ( logic does live here! ):)
Just re read this.
---------
Further @Chad & FYI
No upgrade still on orig hoppA./ no contract
No change in EQ or programing (ms for football only)

Can't believe this circle jerk has been allowed to continue..

Is it ok so long as everyone is in the same boat???

Smiles... That part is in good fun or poking fun should say
No personal attacks ya see?
No one called you drunk or a liar did they?
Say all ya want about some TV channel.
Try CNN... Maybe wolf? :)
I read the forum rules but these long timers forgot them evidently.
Maybe they are....
Steven Segal- esque...... Above the law. :confused:
Like over @ DBS and those chosen few... ( how funny)

Smiles... That part is in good fun or poking fun should say
No personal attacks ya see?
No one called you drunk or a liar did they?
Say all ya want about some TV channel.
Try CNN... Maybe wolf? :)
I read the forum rules but these long timers forgot them evidently.
Maybe they are....
Steven Segal- esque...... Above the law. :confused:
Like over @ DBS and those chosen few... ( how funny)

Go for it.

All the "faux" people do a fine job of demonstrating just who they are.

Go for it.

All the "faux" people do a fine job of demonstrating just who they are.
Probably done here soon.
The thrill is gone.
I've been coming to this (what I call "TV watcher forum") for years and years and reading. ( as well as the other place)
After the display tonight I know why I never printed here.
Not my world anyway .. I'm more in the tradesman type places.
Look around here in the short time I've printed.
You'll see sat ( both providers) MDU references & VDSL/ adsl some.

To use an old Steven Tyler / Joe Perry cliché.
Too many "toys in the attic"around here and solidified tonight.

I just can't stand to read falsehoods and watch pawns act like kings and speak blindly.
( little lone call a good man a drunk and a liar like a flat out Fool)

I'll go back to helping some folks if I see help needed on what I do know and leave the TV watching to y'all.

How bought that?
No more foxes in the hole comments .. Just for you :)

Probably done here soon.
The thrill is gone.
I've been coming to this (what I call "TV watcher forum") for years and years and reading. ( as well as the other place)
After the display tonight I know why I never printed here.
Not my world anyway .. I'm more in the tradesman type places.
Look around here in the short time I've printed.
You'll see sat ( both providers) MDU references & VDSL/ adsl some.

To use an old Steven Tyler / Joe Perry cliché.
Too many "toys in the attic"around here and solidified tonight.

I just can't stand to read falsehoods and watch pawns act like kings and speak blindly.
( little lone call a good man a drunk and a liar like a flat out Fool)

I'll go back to helping some folks if I see help needed on what I do know and leave the TV watching to y'all.

How bought that?
No more foxes in the hole comments .. Just for you :)

Jabs aside.. Agreed.

Let it the F go people. Just goes to show the difference because nothing like this happened during the CNN dispute.

Again, the " faux" people clearly showing themselves.

Reactions: bamasat
Jabs aside.. Agreed.

Let it the F go people. Just goes to show the difference because nothing like this happened during the CNN dispute.

Again, the " faux" people clearly showing themselves.

Mfh2 or mfh3 anybody?
Head end with FM modulation to head phone jack x30 ?

=See.. I did it!! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.