Fox News is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
terms of the agreement weren't disclosed. But sources familiar with the deal told the Wall Street Journal that Dish had agreed to increase the average fee it pays Fox from $1 per subscriber per month to $1.50. Dish declined to comment on the report."

But what else did they get ( rights / digital) for the 50 cents?
I can only assume but I can place a solid bet that the extortion tactics of their half baked sports net was NOT included as was attempted.

Every number out there says CNN smoked fox for breakfast recently in leaps and bounds.

Right now I'm laughing at all the people in my area that switched to DirecTV recently because of Fox News. Yesterday our local ABC affiliate was taken off of DirecTV due to a dispute. So they got their Fox News for a little bit and now lost ABC. If they just stayed with Dish they'd have them both today. This is why I find switching providers because of channel disputes to be a waste of time. :D
Do you sell both?

O
While that is true because of the nature of trying to fill 24/7 with something since hard news wouldn't cover it at all, or even come close, CNN is the best with breaking news and followup on the stories.

For example, yesterday I was listening to CNN and bouncing between FNC and CNN on my SiriusXM radio. It was quite a contrast. CNN was doing all kinds of things that you expect in a breaking news story of importance. Fox OTOH, was doing their usual which is sparse coverage of the story, and then bringing in talking heads to espouse their opinions about the story with a right slant to the opinion. And FNC wasn't covering much of the Belgium issue at all, mostly other issues to show their right leaning.

It is really a night and day difference.
So you are the one still watching CNN. After being forced to watch them for nearly 4wks, I cannot imagine anyone choosing to watch CNN. All of their on air talent has moved to Fox trying to save their careers and the only one left is Wolf Blitzer who has never let a period or question mark break up his rambling delivery. Gone are the days when CNN was a decent channel, and viewer numbers show that.

Reactions: fbara and ekilgus
O

So you are the one still watching CNN. After being forced to watch them for nearly 4wks, I cannot imagine anyone choosing to watch CNN. All of their on air talent has moved to Fox trying to save their careers and the only one left is Wolf Blitzer who has never let a period or question mark break up his rambling delivery. Gone are the days when CNN was a decent channel, and viewer numbers show that.
"Fox News has been blocked from Dish’s 14 million subscribers since last month. Even with the Paris-related spike, Fox’s total prime-time ratings were still down about 8.5 percent compared to the same week last year.

CNN scored the biggest year-over-year spike, averaging 646,000 prime-time viewers, compared to only 389,000 a year ago. The network nearly doubled its audience in the key demo, with 235,000 viewers compared to 129,000 last year. CNN often benefits significantly from major news events."

Hmm ???

So Fox down 8.5% because they were off of Dish allowed CNN to DOUBLE their numbers. Just think where they would be if they got 10% of the Fox crowd.

Reactions: fbara
So Fox down 8.5% because they were off of Dish allowed CNN to DOUBLE their numbers. Just think where they would be if they got 10% of the Fox crowd.
(Clears throat with a laugh)
And I thought the claim was 90'000 flipped the switch to other providers.
(Where there is F news)

Math does not have a internet forum strong hold, I don't think by the numbers either
( like those who add D prices vs Dish)
How funny

Who cares. FOX news is back. Watch it if you like it. Don't watch it if you don't.

It's that simple. No reason to fight over it. :D
The desire to turn everything into a competition is a weird human trait.
My country against your country.
My political party against your political party.
My school against your school.
My brand of car against yours brand.
My TV channel carrier against your carrier.
My favorite "news" channel against yours.

It almost never ends.

Reactions: bspei
The desire to turn everything into a competition is a weird human trait.
My country against your country.
My political party against your political party.
My school against your school.
My brand of car against yours brand.
My TV channel carrier against your carrier.
My favorite "news" channel against yours.

It almost never ends.

It is a very odd trait isn't it? I wonder the same thing all the time. Just human nature I guess.

Almost any foreign news channel will be better than US cable news. (Other than RT, CCTV, or other totalitarian-government-controlled channels, of course.)[/QUOT

Nexus 9 france24 app alert comes.
I swap between CNN & F ..
CNN not far behind in voice and scroll.
The other?
Nice legs AND use of Bleach but where is the news??

Almost any foreign news channel will be better than US cable news. (Other than RT, CCTV, or other totalitarian-government-controlled channels, of course.)
That's probably because they are mostly still news channels and not infotainment channels that also do some news on occasion. Of course, the news can't get in the way of the incessant talking heads on those infotainment channels.

The problem all stems from changing the face of news channels from a service provided in the public interest to a profit source. Goes back a long way.

Reactions: dangue
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts