Fox News Sues Echostar

I am not sure if thisa good ora bad thing but Fox viewers are a loyal lot.
Because what ever you think of FNC, it does provide a alternate point of view from most of the other news channels. Since, I'm a political news junky I find it gives a more equal balance than just one point of view, It is important for me to understand the other side, which ever that is.. The ones that don't like FNC are likely the ones that want to hear only one drummer and would silence the opposing side. .

Politics aside, a news channel these days is kinda hard to take seriously. :) Especially to the point that you'd cancel/switch providers.
Politics? What other kind of worth while news is there that will effect my life?? Certainly not OJ or gay pride parades. If I want useless nonsensical and silly news, there are plenty of stations to choose from for that. None carry my home town important news so I get that from my local paper.
As for jumping ship because of a news channel. As someone mentioned earlier. It depends what you consider important. There isn't a whole lot of difference between D* and E* anymore for the premees. The rest is all crap anyways that both services provide equally.

Like I said you are a loyl lot. No judgment there. Justa statement about the situation.

having said that thsi threas was originally about the lawsuit.

Not to go off topic but HDNews seems to be News-like. I just find it kinda boring.. Though it is nice to see everything in HD.

I think the concept is the future.. but not for a while by the sounds of it. I'm actually surprised FoxNews didn't do HD first, in all seriousness.

As far as I can tell, there are no real "news" programs remaining, and have not been for quite a few years.
Bruce

I think The News Hour on PBS does a good job of news with no entertainment fluff and they just went HD a couple days ago. As an example the only thing I ever heard about the Micheal Jackson trial on this show was about two sentences saying the trial ended and that he was acquitted.

I am not sure if thisa good ora bad thing but Fox viewers are a loyal lot.

And an extremely vocal lot too, it seems every time I've engaged in a convo like this, for every one sentence I say, there's 2 or 3 paragraphs to oppose it. :D

Seriously, it doesn't bother me that much. :usa

Now there's a well-thought-out, professional, high quality post.

Why, when Fox News or Fox Business Channel are brought up, must so many people unload their political crap into the thread? This wouldn't happen, and didn't happen, back when the provider was Viacom, so why now?

I understand and appreciate that people don't like the Fox News Channel. No one is asking you to watch, but it is a popular channel, currently the most popular "news" channel on cable television.

Please take your negative comments to a thread in the Pit, so that those of us interested in the details of the lawsuit can actually have a human discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there's a well-thought-out, professional, high quality post.

Please take your negative comments to a thread in the Pit, so that those of us interested in the details of the lawsuit can actually have a human discussion.
Hey, hey, hey! We are tired of you guys sending your rejects and crap down to us. ;) We don't want him either. For the very reason your first sentance said.

Last edited:
Like I said you are a loyl lot. No judgment there. Justa statement about the situation.

having said that thsi threas was originally about the lawsuit.
I understand that. Thats my point. The lawsuit may have impact on the subscriber base. It would with me. As pointed out by jeff_R, FNC is the most watched news channel on cable/sat and considering the relative penetration compared to OTA and/or Broadcast. I would guess FNC is the most watched, period, if you adjust for saturation.{or whatever measure they use :confused:} of number of households with Cable/sat verses OTA/basic cable. Sort of like adjusting for inflation.

Last edited:
I understand that. Thats my point. The lawsuit may have impact on the subscriber base. It would with me. As pointed out by jeff_R, FNC is the most watched news channel on cable/sat and considering the relative penetration compared to OTA and/or Broadcast. I would guess FNC is the most watched, period, if you adjust for saturation.{or whatever measure they use :confused:} of number of households with Cable/sat verses OTA/basic cable. Sort of like adjusting for inflation.

It is hard to figure out why the lawsuit would do that. DISH is doing what it has always done Fox is asking for a change. Why is someone dropping DISH over the lack of Fox if it has not bothered them the last 9 years? Were they waiting for Fox to tell them to drop it?

BTW as pointed out elsewhere in the thread Fox has more viewers at any given time (or most anyway) but they tend to be the same viewers who watch ita lot. In any given month CNN actually has more cumulative viewers. The link was provided ewlsewhere---and in almost every thread where the realative poularity of the two is discussed.

Why do they assume the cheapest package is the most popular? I would say that from my installs the top 200 is the most popular.

Shawn
"the top 200 is the most popular."
Same here....I think this may be an end around so that news corp can compel E* to put Fox News on the AT100.....

Wrong CNN and [Fox] are one in the same. [Fox] is just more honest about it.

Any form of media which relies on advertisers to pay the bills can not be expected to be free from bias. If, as a news service, you report on an issue and one of your advertisers threatens to pull their ad because of your reporting, you become biased if you do so. The monetary influence of all news media is cause for suspicion in regards to the handling of the news. While I don't say all news is therefore bad, I want to re-affirm that it is up to the viewer to scrutinize the information being given to them and take it with an ounce of skepticism because of the financial influence from advertisers. Whether you support one or the other, to believe they are free from bias would be foolish.

However, not everyone subs to AT200. Therefore there are lots of people who are not receiving Fox News that should be. Everyone that receives AT200 also receives AT100 by default, but it's not the same in reverse.

I bet a lot of people only subscribe to AT200 because they have to in order to get Fox News Channel. It is the most popular of the many news/business channels. CNBC WORLD is a joke! Why am I paying for that?

Charlie is probably worried that people will move back to AT100 if Fox News Channel is moved down to that package.

Charlies, read the contract and abide by it. Stop being such a stinker!

The best business programming on the air is Bloomberg. Presents all sides, can't say the same thing for cnbc or fox

You'd think Top100 would actually be the Top 100 channels. If that is the case, then FoxNews should probably be on it.

Considering what other channels are missing from Top 100 that are in Top 200, Top 250, etc. I think the logic behind the 'top' channel lists is purely based on whats cheap enough to cram in the Channel Lineup for that tier.

You'd think Top100 would actually be the Top 100 channels. If that is the case, then FoxNews should probably be on it.

Considering what other channels are missing from Top 100 that are in Top 200, Top 250, etc. I think the logic behind the 'top' channel lists is purely based on whats cheap enough to cram in the Channel Lineup for that tier.

that is pretty much the case.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)